What Comic Did You Buy When You Were A Nipper?

D.A.F.C

I was a Beano loyal getting it's annual and the Broons and Oor Wullie was a guaranteed Christmas present.
Same for me, was a member of the Dennis and Gnasher fan club back in the day.

Started work in 1987, and my tradesman had a wooden chest full of Commando comics, ideal for a 15 minute tea break. Schnell! Schnell! Gott im himmel!

Does anyone else remember the “big” summer issues of the Beano or Dandy or other comics, or is that just me?
Not just you, if we were going on holiday and it was a long bus or train ride then my treat for the journey would be the Beano Summer Special. Usually came with some sort of free gift.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I also got some old 1950s Eagle Annuals in a jumble sale- they were quite good in a wholesome way.

I got it for a bit when it was relaunched in the 80s.  Mainly to read about Dan Dare and the Mekon, but disappointingly it was filled with photo strips like...

DL1.1.jpg

DL1.2.jpg

DL1.3.jpg

25 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Beano. Never resigned so guess I’m still a member of the Dennis the Menace and Gnasher fan club. The furry Gnasher badge is long gone sadly.

It’s all about a different furry gnasher for you these days I suppose.

Spoiler

The cat/dog obvs.

Spoiler

Or Mrs Par.

17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I see. What you done/not done now!

Seems to be a combination of things. Moving to the sticks in Fife. Selling our business and the spectacular drop in income that comes with it. My general behaviour from ages 25-40. Though mainly for making too much noise when I get up in the morning. 

6 hours ago, Raidernation said:

“Roy of the Rovers” wasn’t a comic, it was part of “Tiger”

Yes it was, I got it delivered weekly.   Some of the other stories were great.  The golkeeper Rick Stewart,  Billy's Boots,  Hot Shot Hamish etc.

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Same for me, was a member of the Dennis and Gnasher fan club back in the day.

Started work in 1987, and my tradesman had a wooden chest full of Commando comics, ideal for a 15 minute tea break. Schnell! Schnell! Gott im himmel!

I very much regret chucking my commando comics.

3 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Beano. Never resigned so guess I’m still a member of the Dennis the Menace and Gnasher fan club. The furry Gnasher badge is long gone sadly.

Me too, I wonder how many members they actually had.

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Yes it was, I got it delivered weekly.   Some of the other stories were great.  The golkeeper Rick Stewart,  Billy's Boots,  Hot Shot Hamish etc.

3.2 million 

28 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Me twice. I lost the badges and joined again.

Get it up ye DC Thomson 

The Beezer had the short lived Plug club. The badge was a very punky fluorescent yellow and red.