St Mirren vs Aberdeen 28/11

Coventry Saint

Don't want to upset you and spoil a glorious Saturday night but if you had paid £5.99 before the Morton game, you could have watched both the derby and the game tonight.[emoji13]

Aberdeen had a decent spell on top for a while there and I thought it was going to be a carbon copy of the league game.
Then my dodgy stream cut out and I missed the goal. Serves me right for being a tightarse.
Still, this is going to sound diddy as f**k, but I'm actually more pleased with our performance than with the result. We finally look like a team, have a recognizable shape, and showed genuine attacking intent. My knickers are drying on the radiator.
There are some beatable teams in the next round: I hope we get a decent draw.

Thought McGrath was great 1st half and faded 2nd

Very good performance tonight, would have been gutted if that went to extra time. What a winning goal [emoji38]

Tait MOTM again for me and great to see Durmus and Morias playing well, hope they can kick on from that. Foley definitely looks better at centre half this season. We look so much more comfortable with a back four.

Thought we missed Erhahon in the middle at times: MacPherson was a bit flappy second half and McGrath was quiet before his goal. Let’s hope we can do the double next week.

As an Aberdeen fan i offer my congratulations and good luck in next round to St Mirren.Saints deserved to win! hit post should have had a pen and played the better football.As for us i think we need a change of manager , D M i believe has taken us as far as his ability will allow.Will always be grateful to the man as we were a bottom 6 side and he has never been lower than 4th in table .However i honestly believe it's time to gamble and look for a new manager and a fresh start with a decent squad, but who ??

That 90 minutes from Ojo might be the worst I've seen from a Dons player since the days of Tommy Wright.  Although, all our players were bad.  Awful mistake from Lewis too.  Well done the Buddies.  

1 minute ago, resk said:

That 90 minutes from Ojo might be the worst I've seen from a Dons player since the days of Tommy Wright.  Although, all our players were bad.  Awful mistake from Lewis too.  Well done the Buddies.  

Yup Ojo would'nt get a game for Saints yet starts for us and that's down to D M.

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes: "Over the 90-minute performance, I would say St Mirren were the better side. I thought the game was eking towards extra-time. The goal really came out of nothing.

"Joe's been outstanding for me and mistakes happen. It's just unfortunate that that's a mistake that puts us out the cup. It was more than that that was at fault and Joe's just as likely to save us and win us so many points in a season."

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I could write an absurd tl:dr about how bad we were but that would do a disservice to st Mirren. They were excellent tonight and thoroughly deserved to go through. A likeable side too. All the best. 

Now that's not P&B style at all.....

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

He is our fifth choice central midfielder and I suspect will not be seen again now.

We all know that,but fact remains he should never have been on the pitch at all with his past performances.D M is responsible and should be held accountable.Ojo is not the only one though,i was disappointed with Campbell a young man i had high hopes for but Saints had him in their pocket ,also Kennedy another i had high hopes for could'nt beat his man and produce crosses.McInnes get out of jail card is the fact we were depleted but for me that cuts no ice.He has been our manager long enough ,these are his players and was only couple of weeks ago we were being told this is the strongest squad in his tenor ..........results last 3 games prove otherwise.

I think the strong squad comment still holds in that normally the likes of McGeouch comes in for Ferguson or McCrorie - but there are some fringe players on good wages, and I think we need to see Devlin, Ojo and Main shipped out.

Logan and McGinn’s contribution is now negligible- and Kennedy still has a lot to prove in an Aberdeen shirt.

We need to find a way to keep Watkins too.

Anyway, well done to St Mirren - absolutely in our faces tonight, but backed up with some good football - two impressive performances against us (including against a good AFC side in the Pittodrie match).