St Mirren vs Aberdeen 28/11

Coventry Saint

No complaints, really - St Mirren deserved to win, and they probably should have had it finished by half-time.

We have been unfortunate with injuries and especially what happened with Scotland U21s, but still plenty of blame to go around over the last week - three lacklustre performances, too many individual mistakes, zero attacking guile. The fringe players have completely failed to stake a claim, and the established ones haven't exactly covered themselves in glory either. 

Edited by DrewDon

9 minutes ago, Lex said:

FT 2-1

Fucking get right in there. Delighted.

Much the better side over the 90 minutes and clearly deserved winners.

Aberdeen got a bit of luck with their equaliser and we got a bit of luck with our winner. Thanks for throwing it in Joe emoji173.png

Thought Morais was superb when he came on and he assisted the goal aswell. What a live wire he is. Defensively we were excellent again, only a freak break of the ball beat us. Fraser, Tait, Foley, McCarthy, Alnwick... can’t fault any of them.

That’s back to back quarter finals. Before last season I think we had made one quarter final in seven years. Real progress.

Also, what great form we’re in. Seven games unbeaten, three wins on the bounce.

We’ve got through our COVID related crisis and now we’re through the other side and we’re winning football matches. What a job Jim is doing.

Dunfermline or Alloa in the quarters please, one game away from Hampden emoji173.png

Wouldn't want Dunfermline tbh, hopefully it's Falkirk or Ross County.

If its any consolation we could be 5th if we win our games in hand. Accies and Well at home, Celtic away.
Motherwell looks a tough game tho[emoji23]

Well done St Mirren. Absolutely no question about who deserved to win that.
I know we have had our selection problems this week, but we have been grim for three games in a row.... and two of those games were against 11th and 12th in the league. Nae good enough.

14 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Aberdeen had a decent spell on top for a while there and I thought it was going to be a carbon copy of the league game.

Then my dodgy stream cut out and I missed the goal. Serves me right for being a tightarse.

Still, this is going to sound diddy as f**k, but I'm actually more pleased with our performance than with the result. We finally look like a team, have a recognizable shape, and showed genuine attacking intent. My knickers are drying on the radiator.

There are some beatable teams in the next round: I hope we get a decent draw.

Connolly and Durmus make a massive difference to the speed at which St Mirren can attack. A bit too many hopeful crosses swung in without much quality for my liking but definite improvement with them in the team. 

Well deserved win. Past 2 weeks Goodwin’s setup has looked a lot more like it. Got it spot on tonight as I imagine he could’ve easily changed setup with the enforced changes.
We should’ve had the game won by half time but I’ll take getting the luck we deserve in the last few minutes to win it.

Very good performance tonight, would have been gutted if that went to extra time. What a winning goal [emoji38]

Tait MOTM again for me and great to see Durmus and Morias playing well, hope they can kick on from that. Foley definitely looks better at centre half this season. We look so much more comfortable with a back four.

Thought we missed Erhahon in the middle at times: MacPherson was a bit flappy second half and McGrath was quiet before his goal. Let’s hope we can do the double next week.