St Mirren vs Aberdeen 28/11

Coventry Saint

You’re replacing McCrorie and Ferguson with players who are on a wage probably double than St Mirren ones so don’t buy it they were disadvantaged that much, against Hamilton and St Mirren they were ordinary, McInnes only looks semi decent because he can spend more than the provincial clubs.
That is true but you have got to credit him for constantly rebuilding team after team, even if he does have a good budget compared to the diddy teams. Before McInnes Aberdeen were toiling in the bottom 6.

I have been a critic of McInnes on here, that's more to do with the style of his teams play than actual achievements. He has been unlucky he has came up against a rampant Celtic in so many cup finals.

Dad and lad, couple of cans listening to the game on the radio. Late winner, crack a bottle of wine (nice pinot noir) to have with dinner as the good lady shouts thru from from making dinner "oh excellent boys, no need to interrupt Strictly ". Dinner delicious with said wine, happy glow on. Nice bottle of malt with just the neck out it after the Scotland win in Serbia, wee dram and a nice coffee to go with it. Suffer that utter talentless kunt that is Michael McIntyre before the good lady falls asleep. Said malt has now been deposited liberally into two more coffees and dad and lad are sitting chewing the fat in a contented fashion watching MOTD. All is well in the world tonight. I love Saints

Beaten by the better team tonight. St Mirren out played and outfought us tonight. They simply wanted it more. 

Hopefully last time will see Ojo and Main in a Dons shirt. Both were rotten. Cannot believe we paid a fee for Ojo or the fuss McInnes made when we signed him. Awful player. 

On 26/11/2020 at 12:59, Coventry Saint said:

I've said several times on here but our Cup 1/4 final at home to the Dons last season was, for me, the most disappointing game of the season. We were utterly hopeless and Aberdeen must have been surprised at how little challenge they received on the night. 

Immeasurable improvement last night vs our collective bed-shitting last season.

Goes without saying that if we continue to play like that then we'll be absolutely nowhere near relegation this season. That team shape, the attacking selections and mentality has to be the standard from now, too, even if the line-up is tweaked.

Credit to the Dons fans for being classy in defeat, too. We've obviously had our selection issues this season too; Dons will be fine when their players are back. Suspect this will be McInnes' last season, though.

14 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I have been a critic of McInnes on here, that's more to do with the style of his teams play than actual achievements. He has been unlucky he has came up against a rampant Celtic in so many cup finals.

I think he's also been lucky the past few years that they've avoided the OF in the earlier rounds, so maybe their record of reaching semi finals and finals is far higher than most teams.  One thing McInnes's teams have mostly been good at is diddy slaying.

Having said that, Aberdeen fans wanting McInnes away is a risky shout.  After Alex Ferguson, isn't there only one other manager in Aberdeens history who has won more than one trophy? (Mid 1950's).  Top four and European football for six (?) consecutive seasons is very consistent.

There is a chance they will kick on and be more successful playing better football under a new manager, but there's a far bigger chance they go back the way going by their historical performance in Scottish football.

Its maybe just a case of having to come to terms with the futility of Scottish league football in that 3rd place is the best Aberdeen or any other non-OF team can reach unless either of them have another financial meltdown or f**k off elsewhere.