Expensive habits

12 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Seriously?

I have never knowingly met or know anyone who has admitted to taking cocaine.  Yet, in the media you read about it all the time (though it usually refers to middle class in London)  Is cocaine really as prevelant as the media would have you believe?...in Scotland?

This is a serious question as I simply cannot understand anyone who would take it on a night out / in just for pleasure......incredibly expensive and nae good for you

You're at it!

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

socks2.thumb.gif.fa5677b63b26ad6b9e9b9e7260078816.gif

Socks. I never wear a pair twice so the wife buys them in bulk every couple of months. Not that expensive really and I like being able to pull on a fresh pair every day. 

The only thing is she gets them at clearance websites and I have to take what I get. For 3 months I was walking around in Minions branded socks. 

Cumsocks

15 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Seriously?

I have never knowingly met or know anyone who has admitted to taking cocaine.  Yet, in the media you read about it all the time (though it usually refers to middle class in London)  Is cocaine really as prevelant as the media would have you believe?...in Scotland?

This is a serious question as I simply cannot understand anyone who would take it on a night out / in just for pleasure......incredibly expensive and nae good for you.

Plenty have answered already but the short answer is yes, it absolutely is that prevalent.

My dad worked for years as an addiction counselor, at one point him and his colleagues were putting together stuff for some advisory board or other. Would have been late 80’s or early 90’s. They said that coke was about to take over as the UK’s drug of choice. The police and the politicians laughed them out the room.

Worked in several call centers in Glasgow when I was younger. I reckon at least 75% of the staff in each was partaking at least once a week. In one of them there was a boy who only kept the job on as he was dealing to most of the staff and it gave him legitimate income at the same time. He was probably turning over as much as the fucking sales team.

If most your mates are taking coke regularly you think everyone's at it. I expect the number's a lot lower than people think.
Na, just that loads of folk doing it will be transitioning through a wee phase then stop. Regular long term users might be low but at any given time there will be fucking loads of folk having their young guy blowout for a few months or a couple of years

had coke once or twice but I didn't really enjoy it & can't understand what others liked about it tbh,  I don't feel good when everythings too fast.  the one thing I couldn't understand was where all those 18 year olds were getting the money from! i had a decent job at that age and was lucky to have 60 quid to do me the whole weekend when a gram cost around 30 alone

2 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

had coke once or twice but I didn't really enjoy it & can't understand what others liked about it tbh,  I don't feel good when everythings too fast.  the one thing I couldn't understand was where all those 18 year olds were getting the money from! i had a decent job at that age and was lucky to have 60 quid to do me the whole weekend when a gram cost around 30 alone

When I did it I'd combine it with a massive amount of alcohol which meant the hangover was like having rats scurrying about my head trying to eat their way out. Probably not the best way to do it but it put me right off.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I assume that anyone who won’t wear a pair of socks more than once is high on cocaine.

I was in digs with a chap who only wore socks once then threw them out.

6 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I'd like to do the same with crisp, white shirts but she told me to get tae f**k. 

When I had an office job in London I used to keep a couple of new shirts in the desk drawer in case I didn't make it home on an all nighter, or copped of with someone.

Between the socks thing and the fact that to my knowledge I don't know anyone who regularly does ching I must be the squarest P&Ber on the forum. 

Work nights out are usually an eye opener for how prevalent it is.

I can’t stand the stuff personally as I find it brings out the most obnoxious traits in people which I can stand in other people but hate in myself. Doesn’t stop me from caving in occasionally cause everyone I know loves it.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Work nights out are usually an eye opener for how prevalent it is.

I can’t stand the stuff personally as I find it brings out the most obnoxious traits in people which I can stand in other people but hate in myself. Doesn’t stop me from caving in occasionally cause everyone I know loves it.

I always think the people who take it most and the ones who really don't need Coke to make themselves any more confident/ slaver any more pish.