Rangers vs Motherwell 19th December

24 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Tom Miller really is a w**k.  Towards the end he said something along the lines of "the way Motherwell have played today would get the game stopped".

Motherwell were excellent today and could very well have come away with one point if not all three if they'd just had a bit more luck. 

I sometimes remember Tom Miller called a Stenhousemuir player who had just scored a penalty in front of the Broomloan stand an ‘idiot’ for having the audacity to celebrate towards the Rangers fans behind the goal. He’s an absolute whopper. 

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Two very different games.  St Mirren dominated us in the second half on Wed and won the midfield.  M'well, in contrast, scored their (well taken) early goal then played with two banks of five, encouraged us to come on to us and largely snuffed us out.  Both our fullbacks got a lot of the ball and Borna did put in some excellent crosses but they were handled well by the M'well defence.

Our subs changed the game, especially Aribo, but the real winner was fitness.  After our equaliser M'well were running on empty and our third was down to a combo of Aribo's close ball skills and Motherwell fatigue.

The gulf in depth was enormous. Rangers bring on proven quality and we, once again, look to the bench and come up with Sherwin Seedorf and Jordan fucking White. 

Motherwell fans must be nervous about our and Killie’s appeal.
If those six points get taken off them they will be deep in relegation trouble. Must be worrying.
Are those ‘wins’ saving Robinson from being under pressure?

5 minutes ago, Lex said:

If those six points get taken off them they will be deep in relegation trouble. Must be worrying.

YES. 

8 minutes ago, Lex said:

Not really. If those 6 points are taken off us then we have 2 games in hand. We'd be 6 points off 5th.

In the league we've lost 4 of the last 6. 2 of those 4 have been against Celtic and Rangers which we wouldn't have been counting on getting anything from and the another against Hibs - which traditionally could go either way. 

The only unexpected result has been a narrow loss against a dugmeat St Mirren side. 

Edited by capt_oats

Very Rangers 2008 UEFA Cup run tactics from Robinson today. I'm sure if we had enough competent defenders we could have held on for the win. 

The subs changed the game today, particularly Aribo & Itten. When we bring on Jordan fucking White, it just takes away any possibility of an outball. Junior level player that c**t. 

19 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

To be fair I think if Barisic had started the League Cup game on Wednesday there would have been a different result. Always impressed by Barisic, his set pieces and the accuracy of his crosses from open play are top quality. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the English Premier League in the not too distant future. 

His displays in Europe have been top-drawer.  I'd see him as a more natural fit for a good French or Spanish team.  He is unlikely to stay with us beyond the end of the season, sadly.

14 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

The gulf in depth was enormous. Rangers bring on proven quality and we, once again, look to the bench and come up with Sherwin Seedorf and Jordan fucking White. 

This is true - and our subs changed the game - but by the time you made your triple change you were out on your collective arse.

13 minutes ago, Lex said:

Going off at a mild tangent - away from Robinson's future - you and Killie deserve to win your appeal.  The original decision was unjust and wouldn't have happened to us.

55 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Fair play to rangers. Few cracks starting to show, but those are the games league winners win. Wouldn't have last season.

Over the last few years thats the kind of game that we'd drop points while celtic would grind out the win.  

39 minutes ago, G51 said:

He's absolutely terrible. He never used to bother me that much but this season he's been awful. Can't imagine he'll be back next season.

He makes a game where we're struggling even worse, Tyldesley is just so much more professional. If we're wanting non bears to buy our PPV games then he's not the answer.

32 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I sometimes remember Tom Miller called a Stenhousemuir player who had just scored a penalty in front of the Broomloan stand an ‘idiot’ for having the audacity to celebrate towards the Rangers fans behind the goal. He’s an absolute whopper. 

Yeah I mind that as well.  My opinion of Clive Tyldsley has totally changed since he's started doing Rangers TV.  He's informed, obviously does his homework, he's slightly biased towards Rangers, but not patronisingly so towards the opposition. 

Then you go back to Tom Miller.  I reckon I'd make a better job of it. 

35 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I sometimes remember sometimes remember Tom Miller called a Stenhousemuir player who had just scored a penalty in front of the Broomloan stand an ‘idiot’ for having the audacity to celebrate towards the Rangers fans behind the goal. He’s an absolute whopper. 

Selective memory ? 

That was an important win today. Good response to weds. It wasn't looking good atall but we did the job. Its only 3 points though we've got to keep it going.

Roofe has been a great signing so far and pleased for Itten scoring, those were big goals today. Good assists for Kent and Hagi who have been scheidt of late. 

ETA just saw Hagi didn't really assist Itten it hit off him. 

Edited by Jorg Albertz

2 hours ago, AJF said:

He’s a fan with a mic which is a mistake when you want to attract viewers and encourage away supporters to purchase the match.

It would annoy me undoubtedly, but that wouldn’t stop me buying the PPV. I buy it to watch my team, not listen to the commentary.

Just now, kingjoey said:

It would annoy me undoubtedly, but that wouldn’t stop me buying the PPV. I buy it to watch my team, not listen to the commentary.

Certainly appreciate that, I just think it’s something that might persuade some fans to opt to try and find a dodgy stream somewhere to watch it rather than pay the tenner to listen to him waffle for 90 mins. 

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Not really. If those 6 points are taken off us then we have 2 games in hand. We'd be 6 points off 5th.

In the league we've lost 4 of the last 6. 2 of those 4 have been against Celtic and Rangers which we wouldn't have been counting on getting anything from and the another against Hibs - which traditionally could go either way. 

The only unexpected result has been a narrow loss against a dugmeat St Mirren side. 

I’ve read a few posts of this type from you. Fair play, admire your positive spin on things.
We’ve been utter shite for a while though and I don’t think there’s any doubt the nerves would kick in if we lose those 6 points. No danger we would be winning both games, let alone with a +6 goal difference.  

12 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

I’ve read a few posts of this type from you. Fair play, admire your positive spin on things.
We’ve been utter shite for a while though and I don’t think there’s any doubt the nerves would kick in if we lose those 6 points. No danger we would be winning both games, let alone with a +6 goal difference.  

Depends when they're scheduled for. Is it a fortnight from now or is it a point in the future when Carson, Carroll and Donnelly are back?

By no means am I happy-clapping, I don't think I'm even being super positive. You'd have to be daft not to be a bit concerned. Like I say, we've lost 4 league games recently 2 against the OF and one against Hibs, I'd be surprised if Robinson's going to be under pressure (from the board) because of that.

Ultimately it's up to Robinson to fix it like.

Edited by capt_oats

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

Certainly appreciate that, I just think it’s something that might persuade some fans to opt to try and find a dodgy stream somewhere to watch it rather than pay the tenner to listen to him waffle for 90 mins. 

It's not just that, even if you're buying the stream he just makes it much less enjoyable. The whole package has been revamped and is as good as any of the TV broadcasters, the only thing letting it down is when Tyldesley has other commitments and Miller has to fill in.

8 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I didn’t watch the game but all 3 goals conceded are an utter shambles after watching Sportscene. Mugabi’s tea is well and truly out.

Agreed. Lots of chat about the tactics today, but they were spot on from Robinson. Unfortunately, we have defenders that would look suspect at League 1 level and individual errors have cost us once again.