St Mirren vs Motherwell

I think you're being very generous here. We (Saints) were very poor and Kelly could have stayed at home today as we for the 2nd week in a row didn't trouble the keeper, apart from Rogers in the final minute last week. There's enough evidence there today to suggest that We'll will have enough about them to get out of trouble. We need to rediscover our fight and passing game.

I’ll take a point given St Mirren’s form, the new manager being in the door for about 20 mins and the fact it was a markedly better performance than last week.

Only denied 3 points by a ridiculous penalty decision albeit St Mirren were the better team in the 2nd half. A draw was probably a fair result on balance.

O’Hara my man of the match purely on the basis that he managed the full 90 minutes without seeing red.

Would have settled for a point beforehand to halt the slide, and on balance of play a draw seemed a fair result. But by f**k, to have a honking decision like that by clownshoes Madden deny you all 3pts when you're in our position is a real boot in the baws. 

We played some decent stuff in the first 45, but our insipid finishing was again our downfall. Saints had all the possession and easily bossed the second half, but Kelly was a mere spectator with their work in the final third being as productive as ours. 

At least Alexander now has a fair idea of where we're at, and can get straight to work in bringing in the bodies required. I'm guessing he has already identified targets and has some irons in the fire, so would imagine some new faces will start to appear fairly quickly. 

Be interesting to see what shite he chooses / manages to offload during the window. A task I certainly dont envy him. 

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

That was... fine I guess? I missed a bit of the second half because I was making lunch but from what I saw it was mainly St Mirren, so even if the penalty was harsh it's hard to feel much injustice. 

Wasn't really anything massively different from Robinson's sides as expected given its entirely the same team + a competent goalkeeper but we looked a wee bit more threatening going forward and you could argue defended better overall too.

Lunch at 4 o’clock?  Are you having a late supper?

Stills can often be very misleading, but there was a Well fan earlier who said the pen was for Erwin’s leg being kicked.

I didn’t see that at the time, and you can’t really tell either way from this pic, but if there is contact here that might make the pen decision look a little less bizarre.

image.png

23 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Stills can often be very misleading, but there was a Well fan earlier who said the pen was for Erwin’s leg being kicked.

I honestly assumed that's what had happened because Mugabi, but it's just a rank poor decision, in the end.

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I didn't watch the game but have just seen the penalty here (below the announcement of the result).

If it's due to Mugabi's involvement then Erwin has thrown a leg out in his direction. Ridiculous decision and just cheating from Erwin.

Yep having seen it back it’s brutal.

IIf that decision had gone against us then I’d have been raging.

I noticed Alexander in his post match interview saying that Madden had been heavily influenced by the Saints bench in awarding the pen. He goes on to say that every tackle was met with shouts to the ref. 

Well i’m quite happy to hear that as we’ve been a soft touch for fucken years. It’s about time we got more streetwise, and do what every other team have done for years.

Edited by glenburn bud

12 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

If that decision had gone against us then I’d have been raging.

I noticed Alexander in his post match interview saying that Madden had been heavily influenced by the Saints bench in awarding the pen. He goes on to say that every tackle was met with shouts to the ref. 

Well i’m quite happy to hear that as we’ve been a soft touch for fucken years. It’s about time we got more streetwise, and do what every other team has done for years.

Yeah, like every manager of every team in the land, including Motherwell, don’t scream for a foul any time one of their players gets touched. St Mirren - that well known hotbed of intimidating Scottish officials. Do me a favour. (Alexander that is, not you glenburn bud). 😀

Edited by pozbaird

1077573675_Screenshot2021-01-09at20_06_28.png.6983f5947287ffdcd8c765dd6c8e7f33.png

Is Erwin not having his arm pulled? To me that looks like a penalty. 
Gallagher had his arm round his neck at one point, similar to the penalty Shaughnessy gave away against the Perth Saints (although ours is definitely way softer) it's not enough to make 6ft guys fall over but its giving the ref a decision to make.

Daft defending by an experienced player who should know better.