Celtic v super saints 30/01/21

15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Lennon achieved your own criteria in the past but you still didn't want him in charge after Rodgers left?

Walked out on us, sacked by Bolton who were bottom of the table, sacked by hibs who were in 8th place. A shit manager and a horrible man. I didn’t want him in charge either fwiw. 

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Who do you want next?

I’ve no idea who’s interested or available, I’d like the club to do what they should’ve done last time and advertised the vacancy then interviewed interested parties and selected the most appropriate and qualified candidate  

Edited by Drew Brees

36 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Lennon achieved your own criteria in the past but you still didn't want him in charge after Rodgers left?

f**k sake, how many different ways do you wish me to spell this out to you? 

His track record since leaving Celtic has been shite and that is being extremely generous. I wanted someone who could build on what Brendan Rodgers had achieved or at the very least someone of similar quality and Neil Lennon has not a single quality that convinces me he could do anything other than take us backwards. But it does seem I underestimated just how awful a manager he actually is, to tear us down to this level in 2 years is quite something.

Did I mention he’s also an odious little p***k? 

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

f**k sake, how many different ways do you wish me to spell this out to you? 

His track record since leaving Celtic has been shite and that is being extremely generous. I wanted someone who could build on what Brendan Rodgers had achieved or at the very least someone of similar quality and Neil Lennon has not a single quality that convinces me he could do anything other than take us backwards. But it does seem I underestimated just how awful a manager he actually is, to tear us down to this level in 2 years is quite something.

Did I mention he’s also an odious little p***k? 

I'd walk away now safe in the knowledge that any sane person who has any idea about football agrees with you.

Just seen the highlights and the St Mirren goals really were class. Well done to you, completely deserved win. Fair play to Goodwin as well, looks like he is turning out to be decent as a manager.

As for Celtic, Lennon was always the cheap option. I’m not sure anyone can be surprised at how Celtic are playing given he has always been a pretty terrible manager.

Edited by Jambomo

3 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Just seen the highlights and the St Mirren goals really were class. Well done to you, completely deserved win. Fair play to Goodwin as well, looks like he is turning out to be decent as a manager.

As for Celtic, Lennon was always the cheap option. I’m not sure anyone can be surprised at how Celtic are playing given he has always been a pretty terrible manager.

Not that I care for Celtic’s troubles, but as a football fan looking at it, I am absolutely surprised at how Celtic are playing. Not just how they’re playing, but how far, and how quickly, they have fallen. The amount of points behind Sevco they are is quite staggering. It isn’t defeatist to recognise there are only two clubs in the country who can win the title, but for the Sevco to win it (for the first time in their short history), I figured they would have to scratch and crawl, season after season, before even getting close. I genuinely thought Celtic would win it for, oh, fifteen-in-a-row at least. They also seemed to be pretty well-run. Off the field they seemed pretty slick. Now they look a basket case from top to bottom. Rudderless. It’s quite an arse collapse. It would be like tuning into Forumla One next season to suddenly find that Mercedes are shite, and Lewis Hamilton has, overnight, turned into a learner driver in a clapped out Fiesta who cannot find the biting point on the clutch anymore.

Very strange. Entertaining though.

Edited by pozbaird

7 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Not that I care for Celtic’s troubles, but as a football fan looking at it, I am absolutely surprised at how Celtic are playing. Not just how they’re playing, but how far, and how quickly, they have fallen. The amount of points behind Sevco they are is quite staggering. It isn’t defeatist to recognise there are only two clubs in the country who can win the title, but for the Sevco to win it (for the first time in their short history), I figured they would have to scratch and crawl, season after season, before even getting close. I genuinely thought Celtic would win it for, oh, fifteen-in-a-row at least. They also seemed to be pretty well-run. Off the field they seemed pretty slick. Now they look a basket case from top to bottom. Rudderless. It’s quite an arse collapse. It would be like tuning into Forumla One next season to suddenly find that Mercedes are shite, and Lewis Hamilton has, overnight, turned into a learner driver in a clapped out Fiesta who cannot find the biting point on the clutch anymore.

I guess in fairness, HOW bad they have been is a surprise. I thought they’d be worse when they got Lennon but still have enough to win the league, and here we are with them only a couple of points above Aberdeen and Hibs.

It is very entertaining though and it was great to see St Mirren more than compete with them 😃

It's a high-profile example of how the fish rots from the head downwards.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
10 hours ago, pozbaird said:

It's a high-profile example of how the fish rots from the head downwards.

I'd probably have said 'backwards'. Unless it's standing up, I guess.

22 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

22 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Walked out on us, sacked by Bolton who were bottom of the table, sacked by hibs who were in 8th place. A shit manager and a horrible man. I didn’t want him in charge either fwiw. 

Nor me.

6 minutes ago, true fan said:

How long is lennon’s contract?

what will it take for him to step down?

what would it be like inside the ground these days if covid had never arrived?

1) A 1 yr rolling is Celtics usual. 
2) I’d imagine a lot of cash

3) carnage. 

7 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

1) A 1 yr rolling is Celtics usual. 
2) I’d imagine a lot of cash

3) carnage. 

Small rumour now being banded about that the reason he hasnt been sacked is dispute regarding a bonus for winning the league. If he was sacked now he would look to claim that bonus as its still mathematically possible for us to still win the league and he could turn round and say whose to say i couldn't have turned it around?

I cannot validate it however could make sense?

22 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Small rumour now being banded about that the reason he hasnt been sacked is dispute regarding a bonus for winning the league. If he was sacked now he would look to claim that bonus as its still mathematically possible for us to still win the league and he could turn round and say whose to say i couldn't have turned it around?

I cannot validate it however could make sense?

I have always liked Lennon, and couldn't imagine him being that grasping and lacking in pride.