Aberdeen v Mouthy jumped up amateurs

Guest Bob Mahelp

So many good performances in dreadful conditions. Lawson (man of the match) a colossus in the middle of the park and Serrano battling so well down down the left hand side. Pittman, Holt and Mullin never stopped running, ridiculous energy. Huge credit to ATS coming out of nowhere to put in a solid performance and get a clean sheet.

ariana grande wink GIF

When I moved in to this flat about 10 years ago I had it refurbished - including the installation of German-style triple-glazed security windows which are brilliant.

Not long after the move the weans were staying with their maw and I was away of a work trip and some knut sneaked in through my youngest's window as she'd not secured it properly and I hadn't checked. The b*****d stole a couple of laptops, my watch, some cash I'd left on my desk and a couple of bottles of Plymouth Gin.

The moral of the tale in the context of Aberdeen?

You can have a brilliant window and still get robbed.

Edited by The_Kincardine

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

When I moved in to this flat about 10 years ago I had it refurbished - including the installation of German-style triple-glazed security windows which are brilliant.

Not long after the move the weans were staying with their maw and I was away of a work trip and some knut sneaked in through my youngest window as she'd not secured it properly and I hadn't checked. The b*****d stole a couple of laptops, my watch, some cash I'd left on my desk and a couple of bottles of Plymouth Gin.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

oh dearie me.

Indeed

Damage was done first half. Second half marginally better but Livi are a decent team - they aren’t giving up a 2 goal lead to anyone in the league at the moment. Hats off to them for their currrent run.

Not sure where we go from here to be honest, but we need to get out of this rut. 7 games without a win having score only 2 goals now?

Thought  Hendry looked ok - some good touches and won couple of headers. Hornby - it won’t work if we fire balls at his head...

Damage was done first half. Second half marginally better but Livi are a decent team - they aren’t giving up a 2 goal lead to anyone in the league at the moment. Hats off to them for their currrent run.
Not sure where we go from here to be honest, but we need to get out of this rut. 7 games without a win having score only 2 goals now?
Thought  Hendry looked ok - some good touches and won couple of headers. Hornby - it won’t work if we fire balls at his head...

Agree with that. But it’s 1 win in 7 with 4 goals scored.

21 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not long after the move the weans were staying with their maw and I was away of a work trip and some knut sneaked in through my youngest window as she'd not secured it properly and I hadn't checked. The b*****d stole a couple of laptops, my watch, some cash I'd left on my desk and a couple of bottles of Plymouth Gin.

Moral of story is dig in at school and don't live in a slum

Time is up. It's the same shite game after game.

The first half can be summed up as:

A keeper who is coasting and making far too many errors
Defenders just not following runners
The midfield getting totally overrun by Jason Holt, Steve Lawson and Scott Pittman.
Creative players just not bringing any quality to all
Strikers fucking starved of service bar hoofs at them.

Second half was all huff and puff but still little end quality and composure

Ultimately it comes down to the man in the dugout who has no tactical plan to beat Livingston other than out-battling them. It isn't the first time we have played this way against them. You need to have a way to beat them other than battling, battling should be a prerequisite but there has to be some plan bar thumping it long first half then passing in front of their back four mainly second half.

A lot better from Aberdeen 2nd half, getting at us down their left wing, we weathered the storm for 12 mins then it was pretty comfortable seeing it out with a 2 goal cushion. Was shouting at my telly for DM to get Robbo on for JET 2nd half, when they were playing it around him and coming at us in waves. Thankfully we didn't concede and finally brought Rielly on, to give us some energy to press and an out ball. Then Robbo later on.

Thought Holt and Lawson were tremendous in midfield, and hats off to ATS coming in last minute and helping us keep another clean sheet, our squad this season is absolute quality, and is making a huge difference to us with this amount of games we're playing.  

14 in a row undefeated, unbelievable Davie.