Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

28 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I wonder why that's a concern for tested League One and League Two players, but not a concern for tested Premiership players...

Because one of them is essential travel for a primary job (professional footballer) and the other is not.

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

Because one of them is essential travel for a primary job (professional footballer) and the other is not.

Could flip that point and say it is even better to test part time players as it will benefit their other employment elsewhere and give their other workplace colleagues peace of mind knowing they are being tested.

54 minutes ago, virginton said:

For Falkirk, Airdrie and Partick Thistle players it's a primary job. For quite a few Sons players it's their primary job too because they are students or don't have anything outside of football yet.

As far as I can see, if part-time diddies like ourselves can follow the same protocols as Arbroath and Alloa then Dumbarton playing Peterhead is no bigger a risk to overwhelming the NHS than Alloa against Inverness or Arbroath against Ayr. It was considered safe enough in October with a rate well beyond the current levels and not one vaccine in use. If it was safe then, then it's safe now.

If it wasn't safe then, then the season shouldn't have started.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

For Falkirk, Airdrie and Partick Thistle players it's a primary job. For quite a few Sons players it's their primary job too because they are students or don't have anything outside of football yet.
As far as I can see, if part-time diddies like ourselves can follow the same protocols as Arbroath and Alloa then Dumbarton playing Peterhead is no bigger a risk to overwhelming the NHS than Alloa against Inverness or Arbroath against Ayr. It was considered safe enough in October with a rate well beyond the current levels and not one vaccine in use. If it was safe then, then it's safe now.

VT seems to be trying miserably to create some superior and elitist division between Championship and League 1 clubs.
The reality is that both the Championship and League One contain a mix of full time and part time players within clubs and should not be treated any differently......

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

VT seems to be trying miserably to create some superior and elitist division between Championship and League 1 clubs.
The reality is that both the Championship and League One contain a mix of full time and part time players within clubs and should not be treated any differently......

Nothing to do with full-time/part time. Premiership & Championship are deemed to be our elite level footballers, therefor were given special dispensation to continue, as long as certain protocols & testing were met.

Guest The Phoenix
1 minute ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Nothing to do with full-time/part time. Premiership & Championship are deemed to be our elite level footballers, therefor were given special dispensation to continue, as long as certain protocols & testing were met.

Up until the SFA put a halt to football below the Championship, all professional or semi professional clubs qualified under the elite level dispensation.   

With regard to a majority, it requires 8 Clubs in SPFL1 or 2 to agree on change. Without that the existing 27 game programme is the only option. 

With regard to a majority, it requires 8 Clubs in SPFL1 or 2 to agree on change. Without that the existing 27 game programme is the only option. 

If it requires 8 clubs to agree to 18 games it’s never going to happen as there are too many clubs near the relegation end of the table.
Self interest over what is appropriate rules again......

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Isn’t the next SFA announcement due on Monday and it’s been postponed 3 days in a row now? 😂😂 Scotgov and SFA just continue to deliver.

The cynic in me says it may be a deliberate ploy to try and cheese the clubs off to such an extent that they just give in.

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

For the majority of players outside the top two divisions, it is not a primary source of income. They are not professional. Their travel is therefore not necessary. 

As far as I can see, if part-time diddies like ourselves can follow the same protocols as Arbroath and Alloa then Dumbarton playing Peterhead is no bigger a risk to overwhelming the NHS than Alloa against Inverness or Arbroath against Ayr.

One level is a professional league where the majority are travelling for work, the other is semi professional where they are travelling for a glorified hobby.

It's not about the safety of travel, it's about the necessity of travel. If you think that it is necessary for Scottish League One clubs to lollop around the country for no pressing purpose in the middle of a stay at home lockdown when people are being fined for sitting on a fucking park bench and talking to someone too long. then you're delusional quite frankly.

It was considered safe enough in October with a rate well beyond the current levels and not one vaccine in use. If it was safe then, then it's safe now.

Still not grasping that it's a) about necessary travel not the safety of activities and b) if we're setting what was allowed in October as our benchmark for what to restart now then I'll have freedom of travel, the right to meet multiple households outside and a crisp pint over Dumbarton v East Fife' every day of the week.

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, Big Dougie said:

The cynic in me says it may be a deliberate ploy to try and cheese the clubs off to such an extent that they just give in.

It seems like it’s a gov problem not an SFA one however, if it’s them that keeps postponing. Doesn’t make it any less farcical 

4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I haven't created that distinction, the SFA (with the clear guidance of the SG) have done so. That you don't like it and think that blubbering but... we're full time! is somehow going to change that perfectly straightforward cut-off point is not my problem. 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

It seems like it’s a gov problem not an SFA one however, if it’s them that keeps postponing. Doesn’t make it any less farcical 

I agree, although I wonder how hard the SFA are pushing it. Overall it is a bit of a farce though.