QoS Vs Alloa

36 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Oh well,  we'll just have to start the run again like we did after the last Alloa game. Injuries,  suspensions will make it a difficult task though. 

3 reds I hear (and one of them AJ) ?

Luvly jubbly.

Edited by TONTROOPER

3 points is 3 points. Standard of refereeing was shocking, Queens turn this week for a poor performance. 2nd goal was a poor one to lose with little by way of a decent challenge. Credit to the team for grinding it out. Survival is still achievable.

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Alloa are a much better side than their league position. Out played us at East End a few weeks back. Pleased to see them get a win today.

There is no easy games in this league. No fodder sides for a while. 

That was a thoroughly enjoyable game of football. It's quite easy to get distracted when you're watching a match on your laptop, either by other tabs on your browser or by your phone, but I could not take my eyes away from it today. It really had a little bit of everything. I've watched a lot of Championship streams since the start of the year but the ones involving Queen of the South and Alloa have always been the most entertaining.

The key moment in the match, as others have pointed out, was Connor Shields hitting the post with the score at 2-1, then Alloa breaking on the counter and Lee Connelly equalising with a lovely curled effort just before half-time. Who knows what might have happened if it had finished 3-1 at the interval? There was a lot of controversy over Ayo Obileye's red card and, without wishing to sound like a mark, I've seen them given. He lost control of the ball and went studs up on Ray Grant but, all the same, he didn't seem to be out of control of his body. Nevertheless, Greg Aitken had a pretty good view and seemed certain of the call.

I'm surprised to see shouts claiming Andy Graham should have been sent off in the second half. It was a yellow-card offence, nothing more, and his anger was directed at the midfielder who failed to track Dapo Mebude, not Mebude himself. If Andy Graham was to have been dismissed, it should have been for that godawful penalty midway through the second half. Absolutely dreadful, but I'm pleased it didn't ultimately cost him. Liam Buchanan's winning goal was very well taken but I was surprised to see no-one attempt to close him down. Just because there is an Obileye-shaped hole in front of the back four, doesn't mean someone shouldn't make the effort to fill it when the team is on the back foot!

There were a number of good performances on both sides. For the home side, Wullie Gibson looked classy in possession and I thought Euan East got through the power of work in the middle of the park; Alloa's Jon Robertson was a powerhouse in midfield and Innes Cameron led the line well - he really has come onto a game in recent weeks and I'm sure he'll be part of the Kilmarnock first team next term.

I'd also like to praise the commentary team - after sitting through the dreadful "Fermer Innes" last weekend on Arbroath FC TV, the two commentators today combined a good play-by-play account of the match with little diversions and humorous observations. They became a little overexcited towards the end of the match, although I can understand they were looking for consistency in Aitken's calls, but on the whole they're two of the best in the division, up there with Raith Rovers' output.

What a division the Championship is! The bottom half of the league is so tightly bunched together. Last weekend, I was surprised to hear "Fermer Innes" boast that Arbroath should, given their run of form, be looking at a mid-table finish, maybe even think about getting into the top four. Seven days later and that bragging looks wildly misplaced as they're just four points off the bottom. One thing's for sure - do not write off this Alloa Athletic side, and do not go on regional BBC television and say they'll lose to Queens.

1 minute ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I'd also like to praise the commentary team - after sitting through the dreadful "Fermer Innes" last weekend on Arbroath FC TV,

Absolute torture listening to that fud. Arbroath need to nip that in the bud.

So, the day I go to the ground early instead of sitting at home in front of my computer is the day the main website decides to go down :rolleyes:

The streaming site was fine, so anyone who went straight there shouldnt have had any issues but anyone who went to the official club website to get a link to the streaming site would have just hit an error.

The streaming itself went as smoothly as it has all season, which is good.

The result on the pitch didnt, thanks to Greg Aitken. We watched Obileyes sending off several times and its never a red card.

Such fine margins, though. We're inches away from going 3-1 up, within minutes its 2-2 and we're down to 10 men.

That was a thoroughly enjoyable game of football. It's quite easy to get distracted when you're watching a match on your laptop, either by other tabs on your browser or by your phone, but I could not take my eyes away from it today. It really had a little bit of everything. I've watched a lot of Championship streams since the start of the year but the ones involving Queen of the South and Alloa have always been the most entertaining.
The key moment in the match, as others have pointed out, was Connor Shields hitting the post with the score at 2-1, then Alloa breaking on the counter and Lee Connelly equalising with a lovely curled effort just before half-time. Who knows what might have happened if it had finished 3-1 at the interval? There was a lot of controversy over Ayo Obileye's red card and, without wishing to sound like a mark, I've seen them given. He lost control of the ball and went studs up on Ray Grant but, all the same, he didn't seem to be out of control of his body. Nevertheless, Greg Aitken had a pretty good view and seemed certain of the call.
I'm surprised to see shouts claiming Andy Graham should have been sent off in the second half. It was a yellow-card offence, nothing more, and his anger was directed at the midfielder who failed to track Dapo Mebude, not Mebude himself. If Andy Graham was to have been dismissed, it should have been for that godawful penalty midway through the second half. Absolutely dreadful, but I'm pleased it didn't ultimately cost him. Liam Buchanan's winning goal was very well taken but I was surprised to see no-one attempt to close him down. Just because there is an Obileye-shaped hole in front of the back four, doesn't mean someone shouldn't make the effort to fill it when the team is on the back foot!
There were a number of good performances on both sides. For the home side, Wullie Gibson looked classy in possession and I thought Euan East got through the power of work in the middle of the park; Alloa's Jon Robertson was a powerhouse in midfield and Innes Cameron led the line well - he really has come onto a game in recent weeks and I'm sure he'll be part of the Kilmarnock first team next term.
I'd also like to praise the commentary team - after sitting through the dreadful "Fermer Innes" last weekend on Arbroath FC TV, the two commentators today combined a good play-by-play account of the match with little diversions and humorous observations. They became a little overexcited towards the end of the match, although I can understand they were looking for consistency in Aitken's calls, but on the whole they're two of the best in the division, up there with Raith Rovers' output.
What a division the Championship is! The bottom half of the league is so tightly bunched together. Last weekend, I was surprised to hear "Fermer Innes" boast that Arbroath should, given their run of form, be looking at a mid-table finish, maybe even think about getting into the top four. Seven days later and that bragging looks wildly misplaced as they're just four points off the bottom. One thing's for sure - do not write off this Alloa Athletic side, and do not go on regional BBC television and say they'll lose to Queens.
I think the Graham yellow card is a yellow all day long as would 99% of people. The argument being made on here and by the commentators is that if the ref deemed a foot trod a red card then surely grabbing someone by the neck is just as dangerous. Neither were red card incidents and both were as 'dangerous' as the other; though I'd argue the one on Dapo was more dangerous. A bit of consistency is what was being asked for. The ref's only consistency today was being inconsistent.

So, the day I go to the ground early instead of sitting at home in front of my computer is the day the main website decides to go down :rolleyes:
The streaming site was fine, so anyone who went straight there shouldnt have had any issues but anyone who went to the official club website to get a link to the streaming site would have just hit an error.
The streaming itself went as smoothly as it has all season, which is good.
The result on the pitch didnt, thanks to Greg Aitken. We watched Obileyes sending off several times and its never a red card.
Such fine margins, though. We're inches away from going 3-1 up, within minutes its 2-2 and we're down to 10 men.
I've always went via the website. How do you get the link the other way?

28 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Alloa are a much better side than their league position. Out played us at East End a few weeks back. Pleased to see them get a win today.

I wish that were true, but we are bottom for a reason. Our goal difference is by some margin the worst in the league and that's down to poor defending primarily.

Attacking wise we've improved with the signing of Innes Cameron (who I thought looked pretty poor initially). He has given us much more threat. He's still very raw, but gives us a focal point and is a handful for defences, plus, of course, has a very good strike rate.

The manager has made mistakes this season, but the win today is huge and the nucleus of the team have always delivered when the chips are down.