Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

So true. Especially funny when people from the charming towns of Kirkcaldy, Paisley, Greenock and Kilmarnock are having a pop

Hey! Greenock has...well Greenock is...oh f**k well Greenock isn't full of people from Paisley so we aren't the worst on that list.

Sven is probably one of the only managers who would actually care about the nightlife being a big shagger and all.

If you have actually lived in Aberdeen, you already know that you’re talking pish. If you’ve never lived there, good, and never darken our doors.

To be fair, i have lived in aberdeen and it cant be far away from being the worst city in scotland. Nightlift is shite and the majority of aberdonians are either miserable fucks, thick offshore wanks or a combination of both.

12 minutes ago, Aufc said:

To be fair, i have lived in aberdeen and it cant be far away from being the worst city in scotland. Nightlift is shite and the majority of aberdonians are either miserable fucks, thick offshore wanks or a combination of both.

Another one who got bullied.

7 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Were the pubs full of miserable, thick wanks before you arrived?

10 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Living in a tent on the Sheddocksley pitches doesn’t count. 

Aberdeen is a decent enough place to stay. The city centre leaves a lot to be desired these days but there's plenty nice areas to being kids up in, barely any separate schooling based along sectarian line, loads of nice parks and green spaces and some lovely countryside and beaches on the doorstep. Fairly decent restaurant scene and plenty good pubs, nightclubs aren't great but neither is nightclubbing.

As for the managerial front, jesus wept if this is the calibre of people Cormack thinks will bring about change, he's even more clueless than even I thought (disclaimer I've been very wary of DC since he rejoined the club).

But hey the banter years are probably overdue for us and while the football was crap the fans were superb back then.

Clutching at straws ASC

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

If you have actually lived in Aberdeen, you already know that you’re talking pish. If you’ve never lived there, good, and never darken our doors.

It could be a bit dreich on a winter's day, but I always found it compared favourablely with most other places in Scotland. Edinburgh was the only other place I'd have been tempted by back then.

I realise football grounds aren't always located in the most salubrious areas of town, but it's not like you are teleportered in, you had to travel through the place to get there, that usually gave you a feel for the place.

8 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Anyway, if tabloids are to be believed it's Glass with Scott Brown as player-assistant, Allan Russell as coach, and Sven Groaning Erection as Director of Football.

Well, that would certainly be...interesting

26 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I don't mind Aberdeen.  The shire itself is decent. I've worked in places like Ellon and Oldmeldrum and the people were sound enough. 

And I like Inverness!

18 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Aberdeen is beautiful on a sunny day & grey when it rains.  All there is to be said.

I've always thought that there's no better place in the world than a blue sky sunny and warm Aberdeen...although I might be slightly biased and those conditions don't happen very often but nevertheless that's my thoughts and I Iove travelling everywhere and anywhere

9 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

So true. Especially funny when people from the charming towns of Kirkcaldy, Paisley, Greenock and Kilmarnock are having a pop

Paisley town centre has the highest concentration of listed buildings of anywhere in Scotland outside of Edinburgh. We once had one of the world's largest industrial multinational companies in Paisley with J&P Coats cotton mills and Coats' mills in almost every major country across the globe from Chile to Russia, India to USA. The Coats and Clark families paid for many of the fine buildings in the town.

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Paisley town centre has the highest concentration of listed buildings of anywhere in Scotland outside of Edinburgh. We once had one of the world's largest industrial multinational companies in Paisley with J&P Coats cotton mills and Coats' mills in almost every major country across the globe from Chile to Russia, India to USA. The Coats and Clark families paid for many of the fine buildings in the town.

And...

18 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Funny you say that cause I actually process guys going offshore every day, many of which are from the central belt or the north east of England. 

You're probably after a bite but you're havering shite either way. 

image.jpeg.20f76f0c6d0cde896d32e8b350ec3fd7.jpeg