Wages of highest-paid players at the smaller clubs?

5 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

I was forwarded the below link a while ago. Not sure just how accurate it is but it looks about right imo.

https://footballleaguefc.com/category/player-wages/spfl-player-wages/amp/

It seems 'about right' because it's someone's educated guess at what sounds reasonable. Many clubs don't release total wage info to their own shareholders, so third parties don't have a hope of getting complete information.

18 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

It seems 'about right' because it's someone's educated guess at what sounds reasonable. Many clubs don't release total wage info to their own shareholders, so third parties don't have a hope of getting complete information.

It's a bit mad.

Ali McCanns bumper new deal is apparently less than Shaun Rooney is on, while Callum Booth, desperate for a club and signed as back up, is one of our higher earners.

Scott Brown is apparently on at least 30k a week.

Pretended he was going to Australia last year to get more of it. Now he's pretending he's going to an even further outpost in Aberdeen. Supreme chess play.

Edited by paddymcp

7 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

I was forwarded the below link a while ago. Not sure just how accurate it is but it looks about right imo.

It also does other leagues too, the English Championship wages are scary!

I'd be a bit skeptical about that if the Motherwell figures are anything to go by. It has us paying Allan Campbell- probably our prime sellable asset and a nailed on starter who has signed several contracts- less than Jordan White who we obviously picked up from the Championship as a squad player.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's a bit mad.

Ali McCanns bumper new deal is apparently less than Shaun Rooney is on, while Callum Booth, desperate for a club and signed as back up, is one of our higher earners.

It's fabricated. Guessed. Their disclaimer: "we have tried our best to source data from as many reliable sources as possible", literally means nothing. Their only possible source is published club accounts, and they can only make a stab at deciding allocations from that.   (Edit: and as you can see they don't even do that with St Johnstone because they don't have access to staff costs. This will be finger-in-the-air guesswork.)

Edited by Mr Heliums

52 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'd be a bit skeptical about that if the Motherwell figures are anything to go by. It has us paying Allan Campbell- probably our prime sellable asset and a nailed on starter who has signed several contracts- less than Jordan White who we obviously picked up from the Championship as a squad player.

I mean, I don't doubt the list is bullshit but AFAIK Campbell's only signed 2 contracts since he broke into the first team.

One 4 year deal in 2017 when he was 19 - https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/10/13/campbell-signs-four-year-deal/

The other was an 'improved' contract in 2019 which put him "in line" with other first team players  - https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2019/07/23/allan-campbell-signs-improved-deal/

It wouldn't be a huge surprise if the "improved" deal he signed was around the sort of figure quoted given it was 2 years ago he got the bump and also what sort of figure it'd have been likely to have been bumped from.

Edited by capt_oats

10 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Jamie Murphy £5k a week :lol: 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's a bit mad.

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It's also got us paying a 19 year old on a sort of trial/loan, who has never played any first team football nearly double what we are paying several first team starters.

Actually, that does sound a bit St Mirreny to be honest.

It needs to be remembered that the majority of footballers will probably move club for £100 a week more somewhere else.  £400 (on average) a month more in your bank account is a decent return for anyone who isn't rich.

So when someone like The Caley lose a player to say Hearts, Motherwell or Aberdeen, they probably aren't paying them much more.   

10 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, I don't doubt the list is bullshit but AFAIK Campbell's only signed 2 contracts since he broke into the first team.

One 4 year deal in 2017 when he was 19 - https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/10/13/campbell-signs-four-year-deal/

The other was an 'improved' contract in 2019 which put him "in line" with other first team players  - https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2019/07/23/allan-campbell-signs-improved-deal/

It wouldn't be a huge surprise if the "improved" deal he signed was around the sort of figure quoted given it was 2 years ago he got the bump and also what sort of figure it'd have been likely to have been bumped from.

I can't decide whether it's more baffling that whoever made up this list put him a) on the same wages as Pieman or b) on almost half of O'Hara's (who's allegedly our highest earner).

That has Zander Clark as our top earner, 500 a week more than Jason Kerr our captain and a grand a week more than Jamie McCart. I reckon it's based on nothing but pure guesswork and is absolute bollocks.

38 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It needs to be remembered that the majority of footballers will probably move club for £100 a week more somewhere else.  £400 (on average) a month more in your bank account is a decent return for anyone who isn't rich.

So when someone like The Caley lose a player to say Hearts, Motherwell or Aberdeen, they probably aren't paying them much more.   

Kevin Kyle was earning £100k a year basic with Hearts...

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kevin Kyle was earning £100k a year basic with Hearts...

Not everyone obviously.  Guys like Jake Mulraney and Jordan White were/are probably only on £150 or so more a week than they were at The Caley.  They won't have jumped from £500 to £2k a week i wouldn't have thought.

Plus, Kevin Kyle is a bad example.  He played for Rangers and in the Barclays.  He's hardly jumping from £500 to £600  a week is he.

My point is, clubs pay a lot less than folk on here think they do.  Usually they're just bitter after their club has lost a player to another club.

54 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I can't decide whether it's more baffling that whoever made up this list put him a) on the same wages as Pieman or b) on almost half of O'Hara's (who's allegedly our highest earner).

Aye. The whole thing seems a nonsense although I'd guess that the range of wage is probably about right. It's just a case of guesswork what each individual is being paid.

Tbh, I'd have thought that Archer would probably have been our highest weekly wage given he only signed a 2 month deal or whatever.