Clyde SSB

59 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

The Charlie Adam sister thing is more than likely a lie. 

It it distasteful but IMO bring on the distasteful chants at the football, leave homophobia, racism and general bigotry at the door. 

I mind Dons fans said Morelos ma' was a mattress, and people were losing their shit calling it racist, utter nonsense. It's a wind up, it's the fitba.' 

When I'm at Dens or Tannadice I'll more than happy sing about Dundee being a shithole, even though I've lived there previously and absolutely love the place. 

I wouldn't stop to think that any of this is anything like actual abuse. 

Take things for what they are IMO. Football fans trying to wind up opposition players. 

A stark difference to blatant and obvious racism. 

I tend to agree with a lot of that regarding distasteful chants are usually accepted and can be seen as an attempt to wind up players/opposition fans.

However… it does start getting quite close to the bone and in some instances I would consider it abusive. Including other people’s family members is verging on the unacceptable in my opinion, but as you say, is nothing in comparison to genuine discrimination.

Personally I thought the Morelos’ mother banner was in extremely poor taste, particularly given they used his own language to convey the message. I’m sure Morelos thought so too as he has gone on to often bully Aberdeen since. But it wasn’t on a level with other chants or abuse.

The main issue I see with it is that people use football as an excuse to release their anger, and often it does go too far. When people start mocking the dead and stuff like that, while it’s not sectarian or racist it is most definitely unacceptable.

Edited by AJF

Guest TheJTS98
1 hour ago, CCB19035 said:

The Charlie Adam sister thing is more than likely a lie. 

It it distasteful but IMO bring on the distasteful chants at the football, leave homophobia, racism and general bigotry at the door. 

I mind Dons fans said Morelos ma' was a mattress, and people were losing their shit calling it racist, utter nonsense. It's a wind up, it's the fitba.' 

When I'm at Dens or Tannadice I'll more than happy sing about Dundee being a shithole, even though I've lived there previously and absolutely love the place. 

I wouldn't stop to think that any of this is anything like actual abuse. 

Take things for what they are IMO. Football fans trying to wind up opposition players. 

A stark difference to blatant and obvious racism. 

I've heard supporters of my club sing songs/chants about dead family members of two people connected to Hibs.

That suits your definition of acceptable, going by this post. I disagree.

4 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Hahaaha shut up you fucking fruitloop. 

Instituonal racism, and societal racism, are problems that permeate throughout society. It stops people getting jobs, it stops people getting loans from banks, it means you can be treated differently by the law, and it means you can have your heritage/nationality/identity questioned whenever someone sees fit. These are societal problems that affect millions of people, so naturally, in understanding this, its vile and shocking to see the Rangers fans do what they did, knowing the connotations that could have. When Boris Johnson made his idiotic comments about women in religious dress, hate crimes against that specific demographic went up. 

This is not anywhere near being the same thing as a stupid wee ditty about Charlie Adams' sisters pants, the fact he mentioned it immediately after a conversation about racism, shows he doesn't understand racism, and how it works. He's only concerned about a stupid fucking song that should be water off a ducks back to most footballers, and apparently Dundee fans don't get it either, as they are standing right by him.

How likely is Charlie Adam to be killed over the fact his sister may/may not have damp pants? 

At the time the bananas were thrown at Walters, hate crimes were extremely common, therefore that act endangered that individual further.

Go and read a fucking book before you come on here talking like a dipshit about that fat ugly c**t Adam and his sisters knickers. 

End of discussion. 

Firstly, I'll punch your c**t in ya wee dick if you ever talk to me in that tone again.

Secondly, this debate is not about whether worldwide racism is worse than the Charlie Adam chant, it's been about what an individual deems to be offensive to themselves, not about whether football fans themselves decide whether they shall be the arbiters of what's offensive or not. Why should chants about his immediate family be water off a duck's back to Charlie Adam? By that logic Kyogo should just shrug off the Rangers song.

Btw, out of interest, are these Rangers fans being charged with this "hate crime"?

Firstly, I'll punch your c**t in ya wee dick if you ever talk to me in that tone again.
Secondly, this debate is not about whether worldwide racism is worse than the Charlie Adam chant, it's been about what an individual deems to be offensive to themselves, not about whether football fans themselves decide whether they shall be the arbiters of what's offensive or not. Why should chants about his immediate family be water off a duck's back to Charlie Adam? By that logic Kyogo should just shrug off the Rangers song.
Btw, out of interest, are these Rangers fans being charged with this "hate crime"?
[emoji3595][emoji3595]..somebody raided his sisters knicker drawer type post

It's the first Sportsound Podcast after Dundee play Rangers at Dens in March. A crushing defeat for the Dees sees them rooted to the bottom of the table with very little hope of escaping relegation.

Charlie Adam announces that Dundee really needed the points to ensure survival and now people at the club will probably lose their jobs. Rangers also needed them for their title challenge for Celtic and it was good for them that they got them.

Dundee fans vehemently defend Charlies comments online.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

It's the first Sportsound Podcast after Dundee play Rangers at Dens in March. A crushing defeat for the Dees sees them rooted to the bottom of the table with very little hope of escaping relegation.

Charlie Adam announces that Dundee really needed the points to ensure survival and now people at the club will probably lose their jobs. Rangers also needed them for their title challenge for Celtic and it was good for them that they got them.

Dundee fans vehemently defend Charlies comments online.

Title defence*

Good guy, Charlie.