Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

36 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Holy f**k, this thread... :wacko:

Genuine question - Caledonian Braves don't actually have any fans as such, do they? From what I've seen there's the people who run the club and then maybe a few curious, bored locals or groundhoppers.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Genuine question - Caledonian Braves don't actually have any fans as such, do they? From what I've seen there's the people who run the club and then maybe a few curious, bored locals or groundhoppers.

They might have tapped into a local fanbase now they have a settled ground to play on, I was actually quite interested to see how they got on. It was a new, interesting concept that might have took off but after reading some of these posts, the arrogance of the tweet yesterday (claiming to be the only club to ask their fans) and then essentially biting the hand that feeds in the SoS league, they can do one

Genuine Question 🙋‍♂️

Is the Lowland League fixture secretary not the same guy that has been the East of Scotland secretary for donkeys???

That'll be an interesting conversation in the morning... “Can you add these 2 teams into the Lowland League fixtures. But they have to all be away games, they can’t play on these dates, their games can’t clash with that game and let the home teams know that they might need to make the local police aware as there might be behavioural issues”

Lowland League to be stripped of tier 5 status. I wish!

I was very pro pyramid but we had a far better league structure, an actual Scottish Junior Cup and great rivalries in the old Juniors. For all its failures we had a product that the SPFL and their fans respected and should have pushed for tier 5 status 8-10 years ago. Most of the teams in Lowland League would be tier 7 & 8 apart from old Junior teams like Kelty, Bonnyrigg Rose and Bo'ness.

I am bitterly disappointed and feel a lot of clubs in the West and East of Scotland in particular have been misled and lied to by the people in charge at Lowland League.

West of Scotland should go say that they want to stay at 20 or 18 Premier teams for 2022-23 and beyond and only 3 or 5 go down. Why should we go to 16 teams and have 7 relegated while Lowland League expands to 18 and has 1 maybe relegated...by the way when is the vote on the extra relegation places taking place? I hope all clubs support that as much as they did the Colts.
Will George and the Lowland League be pushing for 3 relegation spots or maybe 7 relegation spots like the West as it's only fair? [emoji849]

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

As it stands:

GOOD GUYS

Bonnyrigg Rose

Kelty Hearts (abstention)

Civil Service Strollers

Bo'ness United

WANKS

Berwick

Caledonian Braves

Shirey Pirey

Vale of Leithen

updated with the Shire and Vale.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

If SPFL clubs are truly against this I can only assume that the OF Colts will struggle to find a groundsharing agreement with any of them.

Not all the SPFL clubs are against it, and renting out your stadium is not the same as bending over for £3k. I'd laugh like a drain if Stirling Uni voted for this and Rangers end up using Forthbank (as they have before), leaving them homeless.

14 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

show me the money GIF

Then its a guaranteed failure, then.

OF fans are absolutely not turning up to watch a bunch of 18yo kids get punted around the park by hatchet men from the scab clubs, and anyone who thinks differently is an absolute moron. It's why the OF clubs were trying to brible L2 clubs by saying they'd buy 2k tickets for every away match regardless of how many fans turned up. Remarkably the scab clubs have been too thick to even try and negotiate something similar.

The rules in place for these colt clubs doesn't even specify its only Scottish youngsters who'll be playing, so I'd love to see how Rangers/Celtic developing 18yo Frenchmen is "good for the Scottish game" tbh.

Absolute rats who have all just buckled because their big team have spoken to them, not realising they've just shafted their own clubs long term.

This time next year the OF will be claiming success and demanding L2 entry. How will they get that? They'll tell the L2 clubs they'll vote to close off L2 to the tiers below again, and the quivering clubs up there will go for that.

Well done to all involved. 

What an embarrassment. Even if this does provide a cash boost for next season, the long term impact of this will be overwhelming negative, from fan apathy at their clubs backing and playing Colts, to the massively diminished reputation the LL now has with teams above and below it. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This time next year the OF will be claiming success and demanding L2 entry. How will they get that? They'll tell the L2 clubs they'll vote to close off L2 to the tiers below again, and the quivering clubs up there will go for that.

This wouldn't surprise me at all. They've no interest in the LL or its teams in the long term. 

Either that or we will end up playing meaningless fixtures against colts teams for eternity, I'm not sure which is worse tbh

39 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

VoL guy talking about "if it's a success".

How will this be assessed?

It will be deemed a success if Rangers and Celtic feel their young players get a benefit out of this and it brings the lads closer to fulfilling their potential.

I've seen absolute outrage and talk of fans boycotting, from supporters of clubs that muster less than 100 people at their games. Some of the new EOS teams, half that.

The tail won't wag the dog. 

Players get better playing against better players than them. If the OF colts are all of a sudden full of amazing future talent - as opposed to a few gems in among a lot of mediocrity as now, they'll be cutting their teeth at a higher level.

Edited by cmontheloknow

4 minutes ago, TheLad said:

It will be deemed a success if Rangers and Celtic feel their young players get a benefit out of this and it brings the lads closer to fulfilling their potential.

It's not about developing youngsters. Rangers had about 20 out on loan this season at a higher level than this, so I doubt some friendlies against Vale of Leven is adding anything at all.

Its so they can hoard youngsters for as long as possible. In their mind if they can get into L2 then it allows them an Andy Robertson scenario, except he's contracted to them when he breaks through instead of having been released years ago to make way for others.

Edited by RandomGuy.