Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

Mad that they are using the the financial crash as an excuse 14 years down the line. I'm pretty sure private school are still considered charities so there in itself is an untapped revenue stream.

Mad that they are using the the financial crash as an excuse 14 years down the line. I'm pretty sure private school are still considered charities so there in itself is an untapped revenue stream.
They are set to lose their charitable status with regards rates relief in Scotland at least not sure about elsewhere in the uk. Pretty sure it was a Barclay review recommendation

The same people who go on and on about woke cancel culture and free speech spent years and hundreds of thoudands of pounds suing the newspaper that wanted to print a story about the convicted sex pest and ex Tory MP Charlie Elphicke.

And how they abused their positions in parliament and government to blame his victim and pervert the course of justice. 

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
3 hours ago, 101 said:

They are set to lose their charitable status with regards rates relief in Scotland at least not sure about elsewhere in the uk. Pretty sure it was a Barclay review recommendation

I think that’s right.

I also think it’s a silly piece of vindictiveness as the private school sector provides an excellent education to kids whose parents are paying out a fortune and saving the state the cost of educating them.

I have grandchildren within both sectors and during the pandemic the private school performed infinitely better than the state ones. Having a vibrant private sector is a no- brainer in my view.

On 25/03/2022 at 03:32, Boo Khaki said:

More likely the fucker just doesn't realise there are actually numbers to look at, because why wouldn't you just brim the tank every single time?

Abundantly clear he's never had to do the service station thing himself in his entire life.

If only to emphasise your point, I was listening to Radio 4 as this was happening and they described how he actually paid for the fuel but was waving his bank card at the clubcard scanner. 🤦‍♂️

I think that’s right.
I also think it’s a silly piece of vindictiveness as the private school sector provides an excellent education to kids whose parents are paying out a fortune and saving the state the cost of educating them.
I have grandchildren within both sectors and during the pandemic the private school performed infinitely better than the state ones. Having a vibrant private sector is a no- brainer in my view.
As you clearly highlight they are not charities. No reason at all for them to be eligible for charitable relief. The level of education they provide has zero to do with it.

I'm all for the choice but they are operating as a successful business as most private school accounts testify to.

As you clearly highlight they are not charities. No reason at all for them to be eligible for charitable relief. The level of education they provide has zero to do with it.

I'm all for the choice but they are operating as a successful business as most private school accounts testify to.
True. I would add that the level of actual education provided by the very "top" school is pretty fucking poor, given the examples we see day after day showing how little they know about, well, anything really. Obviously, the sons of rich cűnts leave Eton with little or no knowledge, but a boatload of connections to ensure that they, too, will become rich cűnts.

I actually agree that they are not charities in the true sense of the word and, as you say, they will lose rates relief which will mean an increase in fees. However, I still think they provide an excellent education and are not ‘businesses’ in the true sense of the word as any surplus they make is reinvested in the facilities.

Choice is important and I admire parents who chose to give their kids that type of education.

I have a nephew who is the headmaster of a private school in Hamilton and the extra hours which he and the teachers put in to extra curricular activities is incredible.

47 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I have a nephew who is the headmaster of a private school in Hamilton and the extra hours which he and the teachers put in to extra curricular activities is incredible.

Whereas teachers at state schools f**k off home at half past three and don't lift a finger until the next morning.

15 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I actually agree that they are not charities in the true sense of the word and, as you say, they will lose rates relief which will mean an increase in fees. However, I still think they provide an excellent education and are not ‘businesses’ in the true sense of the word as any surplus they make is reinvested in the facilities.

Choice is important and I admire parents who chose to give their kids that type of education.

Pretty sure in private system teachers are paid for additional work, unlike state system.

Aye ok Walter [emoji23]

On 27/03/2022 at 21:40, Dawson Park Boy said:

Define "extra"? I'm pretty sure they won't be on an hourly rate. All my siblings are in the teaching profession (State-school scum, mind) and they're all salaried.

Johnson will maintain that no laws were broken based on his interpretation of the rules. if the Met choose to assess that the law was broken and apply fixed penalties then that is down to them having a different interpretation and judgement. 

So he said there were no parties. When it was apparent that there were parties and that was a lie, he then said that no rules were broken. Now that the Met state the rules were broken and therefore that was another lie, he will maintain in his own view no rules were broken. 

But he is keeping us safe. Safe from who FFS?

Jesus wept. 

Kit Malthouse on BBC (the policing minister remember). "A fixed penalty notice does not mean you have broken the law, it's simply indication that the police think you MAY HAVE broken the law and that interpretation is open to appeal".

These utter charlatans have absolutely no shame, total c***s right to the core. Even the policing minister is maintaining the "no laws were broken ' party line even after the police have issued penalties for that very reason. Talk about undermining your staff, that's a total under the bus job to the Chief Constable in question.

Kit Malthouse on BBC (the policing minister remember). "A fixed penalty notice does not mean you have broken the law, it's simply indication that the police think you MAY HAVE broken the law and that interpretation is open to appeal".

These utter charlatans have absolutely no shame, total c***s right to the core. Even the policing minister is maintaining the "no laws were broken ' party line even after the police have issued penalties for that very reason. Talk about undermining your staff, that's a total under the bus job to the Chief Constable in question.

I suppose that's technically true but by accepting a fixed penalty notice instead of appealing it are you not agreeing that you broke the law and have a liability to that penalty? 

I don't know, just asking. 

Edited by coprolite
Apparently not an admission of guilt to pay an FPN. Officially

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I suppose that's technically true but by accepting a fixed penalty notice instead of appealing it are you not agreeing that you broke the law and have a liability to that penalty? 

I don't know, just asking. 

Yeah I think that Malthouse has a point.  However that point will be totally negated when the notices are not appealed.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love the hilarity of any of them getting appealed but I just don’t see it happening.