Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

31 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I've found that rather than tackle them head-on, a dead silence usually disconcerts them, but if you must respond then I find that saying 'people should talk less and read more' acts as a powerfully condescending GIRFUY.

As long as they don’t then read the Mail, Express or Telegraph as that will just reaffirm their beliefs! 😉

On 26/12/2022 at 16:28, BFTD said:

"It doesn't matter how much we suffer, just so long as they are doing worse."

That and a complete misunderstanding of the economics of the uk.   ‘It’s costing us millions!!!!!’ Yes m8 and that’s such a tiny proportion of our spending it’s really not worth getting so angry.

Found the first women quite funny.  Liked to talk of living off a basic pension but pissed off of the benefits people get.  Your pension is benefits you thick c**t and if you think £141 p/w is basic try living on a third of it.

35 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

That and a complete misunderstanding of the economics of the uk.   ‘It’s costing us millions!!!!!’ Yes m8 and that’s such a tiny proportion of our spending it’s really not worth getting so angry.

Found the first women quite funny.  Liked to talk of living off a basic pension but pissed off of the benefits people get.  Your pension is benefits you thick c**t and if you think £141 p/w is basic try living on a third of it.

If you want to infuriate an right-wing bigot, simply inform them that their SRP is a social security benefit. 

"NO IT'S NOT! I'VE PAID IN ALL MY LIFE!!!!111111"

*posts up screenshot of list of social security benefits on gov.uk which include State Pension*

"WELL IT'S NOT FAIR, IT SHOULDN'T BE A BENEFIT!!!!!111"

Up ye. 

Yup, pensioners who draw the State pension, believe any old shite the Mail/Express print, and then have the fucking cheek to whine and moan about Welfare and Benefits claimants infuriate me.

Oh, and the 'it's less in the pot for everyone else' morons. I've tried explaining to them how entitlement is not dependent on availability and the fact the pot isn't a limited pool, but no. f**k knows where they get these ideas from, although I suspect it's largely down to the fucking shitrags they read and the fact it still hasn't dawned on most old folk that "News"papers are no such thing and have not been for years.

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 hour ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

If you want to infuriate an right-wing bigot, simply inform them that their SRP is a social security benefit. 

"NO IT'S NOT! I'VE PAID IN ALL MY LIFE!!!!111111"

*posts up screenshot of list of social security benefits on gov.uk which include State Pension*

"WELL IT'S NOT FAIR, IT SHOULDN'T BE A BENEFIT!!!!!111"

Up ye. 

DPB fell into this trap a few months ago if I remember correctly 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Encapsulated by the 'I work hard for X company, I'm not getting 15%, why the f**k should nurses?' brigade.

Never seems to occur to them that private companies paying their staff a pittance while coining in massive profits is an entirely separate issue, but no, so long as someone else is also getting fucked over then all is well with the world.

Someone asked me the other day how I judge whether someone I know is inherently a decent person or otherwise, and I replied that usually I judge it on whether or not they automatically assume the worst of every stranger, so everyone they don't know is a threat financially, criminally, etc etc, but in reality that also encompasses the idiots mentioned above. I can't comprehend how bitter you have to be to insist that someone else has to also suffer when it has no material impact on your own circumstance. It's ridiculously petty, ignorant, and insular. Far, far too much of it in the UK though.

A similar thing I hear is about working from home. It normally goes along the line of "I'm a plumber and don't get to work from home, so why should all these office people who don't do any real work get to work from home. Get them back into the office rather than lounging about at home."

1 minute ago, Soapy FFC said:

A similar thing I hear is about working from home. It normally goes along the line of "I'm a plumber and don't get to work from home, so why should all these office people who don't do any real work get to work from home. Get them back into the office rather than lounging about at home."

Presumably the kernt pays someone else to maintain his household plumbing then.

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

The more people working from home, the less traffic encountered travelling to and from said plumbers workplace during rush hour. Less stressful journeys. Some people really haven't thought this through.

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned.
Workers over 50 encouraged to end early retirement - BBC News

Apparently there's a labour shortage and the Government wants people who took early retirement to come back into the workforce.

If only there were people coming into the country who could fill the vacancies...

23 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned.
Workers over 50 encouraged to end early retirement - BBC News

Apparently there's a labour shortage and the Government wants people who took early retirement to come back into the workforce.

If only there were people coming into the country who could fill the vacancies...

Someone once reminded me that retirement isn't about age, it's about income. Surely, in true Tory tradition, if someone has the resources, (legally obtained, of course) to be able to retire early, it's eff all to do with His most Britannic Majesty's Government? To me that all sounds a bit like that enemy of freedom and personal responsibility - "the nanny state"! 

19 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Someone once reminded me that retirement isn't about age, it's about income. Surely, in true Tory tradition, if someone has the resources, (legally obtained, of course) to be able to retire early, it's eff all to do with His most Britannic Majesty's Government? To me that all sounds a bit like that enemy of freedom and personal responsibility - "the nanny state"! 

It’s a Tory Government.  The ‘legally obtained’ bit is definitely not a prerequisite.