Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

How about the SNP guy who was sending dodgy txts to a rather young male. Is ANYONE in the SNP " normal" ? A bunch of slavering racists and one trick pony. It's great to watch it all go down the sinkhole. Now they can concentrate on the utter shambles they have created o er the last decade or so but don't hold your breath. 

2 minutes ago, TapothehullDee said:

How about the SNP guy who was sending dodgy txts to a rather young male. Is ANYONE in the SNP " normal" ? A bunch of slavering racists and one trick pony. It's great to watch it all go down the sinkhole. Now they can concentrate on the utter shambles they have created o er the last decade or so but don't hold your breath. 

Don’t be silly. If they were racists, they’d be in the Tory or Labour parties, fulminating against immigrants and asylum seekers and desperately trying to make xenophobic Brexit Britain “work”.

1 hour ago, TapothehullDee said:

Whitaboots thread for this pish

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I believe @Dawson Park Boy is in favour of voter ID, will be interesting to hear his thoughts on this.

Not really. Wet finger in air to see what way the wind's blowing, then ardently argue in favour of the opposite, before admitting to knowing nothing about it.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Forgetting about industrial relations for a minute, he's complaining that a publicly-traded company has deprioritised a part of their business that loses them money.

He's either an idiot, or pretending to be.

34 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I am in favour of Voter ID.

However, to get an Oyster Card over 60’s require a passport or driving licence.

A big difference!

Not entirely true. The passport will be purely to confirm the age of the person the card is being issued to. As an alternative to passports the following other proof of age are acceptable

Proof of age can be one of the following:

A valid passport

An ID card from a European Economic Area country

Medical Card

Birth certificate

A valid driving licence

Biometric Residency Permit

A birth certificate or medical card is hardly a foolproof positive confirmation of ID.

To get an 18+ student card, the application has to be approved by the educational institute the student attends, which is probably a better confirmation of ID than a birth certificate, given that the educational institute has to be approved by TfL first.

On 30/12/2022 at 14:31, TapothehullDee said:

I would be uncomfortable having a pish in the next urinal to you.

Miles Briggs (Tory dicksplash MSP) on the radio there - notionally on about Education - was asked why the govt were introducing the anti strike legislation.

He stated that this was to "stop the country slipping into recession"

He then said that the govt had been "inviting all unions to talks to resolve strikes"

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

A Party totally devoid of humanity 

Suella Braverman is planning to abandon several of the key commitments made in the wake of the Windrush scandal as the UK government prepares to implement hardline promises to fast-track the detention and removal of migrants.

19 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Suella Braverman is planning to abandon several of the key commitments made in the wake of the Windrush scandal as the UK government prepares to implement hardline promises to fast-track the detention and removal of migrants.

But on the other hand, maths until you’re 18.

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Father from Mauritius, mother from Kenya - and both descendents of Indian immigrants - talk about pulling up the ladder - an absolute fucking hypocrite.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

44 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

But on the other hand, maths until you’re 18.

That's definitely one for the spiteful auld b*****ds, isn't it.

Wait 'til they announce there'll be none of those modern calculators, just memorisation of log tables and wooden slide rules with half the values rubbed off. That'll get the pensioners right back on board the Tory train.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

That's definitely one for the spiteful auld b*****ds, isn't it.

Wait 'til they announce there'll be none of those modern calculators, just memorisation of log tables and wooden slide rules with half the values rubbed off. That'll get the pensioners right back on board the Tory train.

Just wait a minute!  Not all spiteful auld b*****ds are Tories.

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Presumably the "Maths until 18" thing is to help the next generation of Tories calculate how much tax they can avoid

They really don't want most of us avoiding tax!

What's the plan for people who leave school at 18? It's almost feasible (not really, but at a stretch) to put maths on every college course but what about apprentices, forces, people going into jobs (or not). Are they talking about mandating education to 18?

Do they realise that people can leave school at 16? It is a rarity at top boarding schools so probably not. Even the thickest aristo gets tutored through enough exams to get into Sandhurst, the clergy or hedge fund management. 

Leaks of emails from last month showing clearly the direction of travel for this government. These are dangerous times. I'm intrigued by "considered" but don't believe for a minute that the matter's over and that there's much more like this to see the light.

Rishi Sunak considered banning thousands of workers from joining a union, according to leaked government emails detailing proposals described as potentially the “biggest attack on workers’ rights and freedoms” for decades.

19 hours ago, coprolite said:

What's the plan for people who leave school at 18? It's almost feasible (not really, but at a stretch) to put maths on every college course but what about apprentices, forces, people going into jobs (or not). Are they talking about mandating education to 18?

Do they realise that people can leave school at 16? It is a rarity at top boarding schools so probably not. Even the thickest aristo gets tutored through enough exams to get into Sandhurst, the clergy or hedge fund management. 

I’m pretty sure it’ll just be for the kids in England & Wales who do A-levels. I’m 99% sure I had to do maths in 5th year (Scotland) whether I wanted to or not - I did module because I knew I wouldn’t have passed the Higher and if I’d been able to bin it entirely I would have because modules mean heehaw in terms of UCAS. I did get to bin it off entirely in 6th year. Mid 90s, if anyone can corroborate being compuncted.