Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

Anyone else think Boris' stance is put on to invite more Churchill comparisons?

I don't remember him having that stoop back when he was busy making a fool of himself on television and writing racist diatribes in the Spectator.

6 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

That 'stoop' is a known indicator of early onset dementia.

He doesn't deserve that as a get-out clause.

I remember folk saying that about one of Boris' mentors not long ago too.

1*6-MPRi55oBECO6mrZEQfAg.png

30 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Anyone else think Boris' stance is put on to invite more Churchill comparisons?

I don't remember him having that stoop back when he was busy making a fool of himself on television and writing racist diatribes in the Spectator.

Aye. I think his desire to be Churchillian and his low intelligence have led him into attempting a caricature of the old duffer. It’s embarrassing - more of a pantomime than evoking the actual style of someone else. It’s on the level of that halfwit Truss trying to create Thatcher comparisons by lowering her voice from its usual ineffectual squeak, and instead sounding like she’s pished*.

It’s a shame that we have to live with the fallout of these cretinous, privileged twats living out their w**k fantasies of Tory whores of yore.

* she might also be frequently pished.

Edited by Antlion

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

Hard to believe, that. The government of Israel has always come across as deeply concerned with the welfare of their fellow man.

Why's Rwanda always at the centre of these schemes, by the way? Are their ambassadors actively advertising their concentration camp facilities or something?

One reason I heard yesterday from a Rwandan, was the Government (not a great guy) is looking for fighting age men to send into war with the rebels and neighbouring countries.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

One reason I heard yesterday from a Rwandan, was the Government (not a great guy) is looking for fighting age men to send into war with the rebels and neighbouring countries.

Your average Tory voter: "good, that'll put them off coming here even more!"

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Your average Tory voter: "good, that'll put them off coming here even more!"

Nae the average Tory voter wants to get OUR Navy, just to spray the dinghies with bullets.

BUT, if they get past us, ok, sent them to become... i'll stop typing now as it just evil shit.  

When Theresa May, someone who sent vans around the country saying "go home" tells you that your proposed bill is unethical then you know you have taken a wrong turning.

Also the Home Secretary saying that there are "loop holes" that gangs might exploit just shows that this is a dead cat and not a serious piece of legislation.

I don’t think it’s a dead cat at all, I think it’s a policy set up to deliberately fail and regain support from the English electorate, seething that inconveniences like the law get in the way of Are Boris trying to sort out the foreigners.

Setting the scene for the election, and in the short-term it’ll make those polls look a bit nicer when Johnson has to face his backbenchers.

Theresa May is furious that Boris and Priti are just doing what she tried to do but listened when she was told it would illegal. I mean the whole sign the Brexit deal and rip it up after thing as well.

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Theresa May is furious that Boris and Priti are just doing what she tried to do but listened when she was told it would illegal. I mean the whole sign the Brexit deal and rip it up after thing as well.

I agree.

She was always far too cautious.

’She who hesitates is lost’

On 15/04/2022 at 17:34, btb said:

If 15% of Tory MPs can't bring themselves to send in letters to force a leadership contest then that says it all about them.

What mystifies me is why Johnson is still seen as an electoral asset, unless it's a 5D chess strategy to dump him after a poor set of election results in May saying "you gave your verdict and we listened to you" however I think this is giving them too much credit. Much more likely is that they're more interested where their next bung is coming from.

I think you are pretty close to the truth here. If they get an absolute hamering in the local elections, the Tories at the grassroots and local level will want Johnson out.  The 5d chess bit is that his team know this, so by getting the parliamentary party to back him so much, they know they will get to the next General election, or so they think.

Will end up with a bit of a split through the party in much the same way Labour had pre Corbyn.

Only problem with that plan is that the parliamentary MP's are so self centred and in it for themselves, that they don't want to give up the power and perks, so will dump him once it gets too toxic.

What's funny is that there was an own goal today with a fellow Tory asking BoJo if he explicitly misled parliament, to which he answered no. That may come back to haunt him.

Plus, Labour etc will use Thursday's vote and which Tories back him to absolute crucify them at the next GE. 😁

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/commentisfree/2022/apr/19/boris-johnsons-flimsy-and-feeble-partygate-apology-to-mps

"On any other day, the sight of Theresa May telling Priti Patel that her Rwanda immigration environment was too hostile even for her would have been parliamentary box office. But, as it was, most eyes were on the prime minister’s Partygate apology that followed the home secretary’s statement.

It was certainly a three-line whip for the cabinet. Patel was joined by Liz Truss, Dominic Raab and Nadine Dorries nice and early in an enforced show of support. And just after 5pm, Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak filed in to take centre stage. They could have been mistaken for defendants in a court were it not for the fact they had both already been found guilty."