Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

1 hour ago, HTG said:

I never thought I'd see the day when I, as an independence supporter, would be called out as a paedophile enabler by anyone purporting to favour an indy Scotland. Yet that person is apparently soliciting and receiving funds from indy supporters attached to Alba. So, unless or until Alex as the party leader properly calls this c**t out, I'll assume he's content for this sort of commentary to continue. 

Please don't give me the Donald Trump on Charlottesville line about both sides. 

So, basically, your beef with ALBA, is that some people who support the party, read a blog which is authored by a guy who called you something on twitter?  I struggle to see how ALBA or Alex Salmond are relevant to your rant or frustration, to be honest.  ALBA are supporting the SNP on the constituency ballot.  WOS, clearly is not.  WOS and ALBA are not the same thing.  It's like claiming The National and the SNP are the same thing.  For what it's worth, I always thought the Wee Ginger Dug was more level-headed. 

The second part of my previous post, which you condescendingly dismissed as Trumpian, is a reference to the fact that Sturgeon called off no-one when Joanna Cherry was being sent vile stuff online.  

6 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

E0fvjGfXEAIaCv-?format=jpg&name=large

"An SNP majority is a guarantee of another independence referendum"

There you have it.  They don't give a shit about the Greens or Alba, they only fear an SNP majority.

Or it's a wee juicy worm for the thickos.

2 hours ago, HTG said:

I never thought I'd see the day when I, as an independence supporter, would be called out as a paedophile enabler by anyone purporting to favour an indy Scotland. Yet that person is apparently soliciting and receiving funds from indy supporters attached to Alba. So, unless or until Alex as the party leader properly calls this c**t out, I'll assume he's content for this sort of commentary to continue. 

Please don't give me the Donald Trump on Charlottesville line about both sides. 

Screenshot_20210503-214355_Samsung Internet.jpg

My understanding is that Campbell/Wings have never voted SNP or Alba, but that Campbell has voted LibDem in the past

Does that mean I should refuse to vote vote for WWR?

Is Campbell an Alba member now? Serious question. Why should his view of you be taken as party policy?

FYI, I've voted SNP/Green, so please don't attempt  to deflect by calling me a "yes da" or Alba supporter

7 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

My understanding is that Campbell/Wings have never voted SNP or Alba, but that Campbell has voted LibDem in the past

Is Campbell an Alba member now? Serious question. Why should his view of you be taken as party policy?

FYI, I've voted SNP/Green, so please don't attempt  to deflect by calling me a "yes da" or Alba supporter

In a hilarious, battle if the tiny minds debate with James Kelly, he did pretty much refer to Alba as a Wings Party

8 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

There you have it.  They don't give a shit about the Greens or Alba, they only fear an SNP majority.

Judging from this and other pictures I’ve seen of DRoss over the weekend, he must have been told to drop the aggressive posturing and go for the grinning idiot routine instead.

8 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Campbell doesn't even have a vote - living in England for I believe around 30 years.

One thing is guaranteed after the results are out - he will be extremely angry and blaming all SNP voters for killing off independence forever (irrespective of the result)

11 hours ago, Cadfael said:

That’s correct.  In the south of Scotland and Highlands and Islands you should vote both for the snp if you want independence.  Everywhere else it is better to vote snp on constituency and then Green Party on the regional list.  This maximises the indie vote and hurts the unionist vote.  If you want to maximise the unionist vote then all labour and Libdems should give their list votes to the Tories.

here is an interesting site ( compiled by a mathematician), which shows the results for every region, under various scenarios, based on the actual 2016 figures.  What would happen if.  All snp voters gave their list votes to the greens, or to Alba?  What if unionists gave their votes to the Tories?  And other scenarios shown.  Also an explanation of how our voting system works, with examples.

https://scotlandwhatif.weebly.com

Hope you don’t mind me posting this, been a long time viewer, never had anything sensible to contribute before.

Everyone thinking of voting for SNP on the second vote should read, and understand, that link first.

Don't waste your second vote. I'm not fussed if you give it to Greens or Alba but in most cases if it goes to SNP you'd be as well wiping your arse with it.

15 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Campbell doesn't even have a vote - living in England for I believe around 30 years.

One thing is guaranteed after the results are out - he will be extremely angry and blaming all SNP voters for killing off independence forever (irrespective of the result)

His head will explode if the greens do well 

To some extent it would appear that Campbell is somehow involved in the Alba Party. I mean, he briefly appeared on - what was it - their official announcement night via the zoom call? Maybe someone can back me up on that. The Alba anti-trans ‘pro-woman’ thing is right up his street and he’s also a massive Alex Salmond fan is he not?

I think the video call appearance is the key thing here - if a party has got a guy like that invited to their call then that’s a major red flag.

11 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

As for the Greens ‘half their voters don’t want independence’ pish - this isn’t a Burning Barns made up story, I’ve seen other Alba members saying it as well.

Someone on twitter told me that Patrick Harvie had said at a Q&A once that he was not too fussed about indy, therefore greens are a wasted vote. 

Kinda thought this pish about the Greens would surface and predominantly from Alba's direction.

Its desperate stuff it truly is,I'm in the Greens and very much pro independence as is the vast majority of everyone else in the party.

They sell t-shirts with bella caledonia on it holding a thistle for example and ones with a saltire on it...

Seems to me this alba mob is firing pot shots all the over the place to be looked at like they're indy top dogs,sad really....

Edited by Whitburn Vale

9 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

I think it's a good idea to concede ground to the Conservatives on this. Scottish independence has looked a bit like an inevitability for a while and as such was kinda getting boring. It's important to add some caveats to make it all a bit more interesting. Maybe we could add a plurality of votes to really make this weekend even more of a nailbiter.

42 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Someone on twitter told me that Patrick Harvie had said at a Q&A once that he was not too fussed about indy, therefore greens are a wasted vote. 

Someone once told me that Motherwell should be in League 1 but I don't believe them, do you?

My beef with Alba is that a significant number of their supporters absolutely despise the only realistic prospect of securing independence. They jump on anything and everything the SNP says or does. f**k them. I'll settle for SNP/SNP or SNP/Green rather than some fly-by-night entity which will be even more embittered by the time the count is finished. 

Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe this is just the sort of intolerant shite the people of Scotland want. We'll find out soon enough. 

Screenshot_20210504-094119_Samsung Internet.jpg

Re the Greens:

Don't know about their members one way or the other as far as being 'pro-independence' goes.

However, a recent poll did show that their voters as a whole are pretty much split on the issue. 

That doesn't tell us anything about how pro-independence the leadership is but it probably does mean Patrick Harvie can get away with not exactly being in any hurry at all for Scotland to get independence - because a significant number of his own voters will not punish him for not showing urgency (and may indeed thank him).

11 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

They will merely retract this as soon as suits them.

Who's it going to annoy? Not their own voters, who will instead be thrilled with them.