Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

3 minutes ago, Pato said:

Just back from gluing the locks & letting the air out the tyres of all the people who flew a union jack when Rangers won the league - what have you done to help your community today?

I'll be doing what I always do: posting.

Just back from gluing the locks & letting the air out the tyres of all the people who flew a union jack when Rangers won the league - what have you done to help your community today?
I honestly dont know how many times I am going to have to type "expanding foam up the exhaust pipe" before folk start to pay attention

Guest bernardblack
26 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

My word - 

Desperation. They haven’t been anywhere near relevant in years...unless you want news on z list celebs 

6 minutes ago, Pato said:

Very difficult to come up with a convincing reason you'd have that on your person if an officer of the law asks you imo. Sew a drugs pocket into your sleeve and a wee thing of a loctite fits in there perfectly.

I'm sorry my brother but if you cant explain to Plod why you have expanding foam on you then the politically motivated sabotage game might not be for you. You always, ALWAYS start any altercation with the Police with the following:

"I am a freeman of the land and I do not consent to be governed by your laws"

30 minutes ago, Pato said:

My dad is fiercely anti snp - probably Labour but his hatred burns so bright I wouldn't put it past him to vote tory. I got him admitted to hospital a couple of weeks ago safe in the knowledge he hadn't registered for a postal vote and more or less certain he'd still be in today. 👊 

You know how in every good game, there's always a boss fight on the last level?

Well, this is the giant Nicola Sturgeon must defeat in combat to win independence for Scotland.

E0sTgfsWEAItoqh?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by G51

Guest bernardblack
3 minutes ago, G51 said:

Well, this is the giant Nicola Sturgeon must defeat in combat to win independence for Scotland.

297EBFAE-3328-4103-86A6-499217A9E87D.jpeg

Yeah I wouldn't take the piss out of him lads. He will actually grind your bones to make his bread.

Either physically or through the exploitation of the working classes.

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

Hagrid being a Tory has ruined my childhood.

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

For all of this talk of SNP votes "shifting across on the list", it has to be acknowledged that there is also a lot of shift the other way. I'm a Green Party supporter, but I often vote SNP in the constituency list and or for Westminster because there isn't a Green candidate standing.

That's one of the things that pisses me off about the regional vote being called the 2nd vote. They're both first votes.

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I am still somewhat undecided on being either both votes SNP or SNP and green on the list, I guess I’ll make up my mind in the booth. I am not a massive follower of politics and I’ll admit to not fully understanding how the system works.

I do like the Greens though, so have no objection to voting for them at least it’s not like I have to vote Tory or Labour. 

The SNP are pretty much certain to win every seat in Glasgow and are very, very unlikely to get anyone off the list as a result. They got 45% on the list last time and didn't get any list MSPs. The Greens could get two on the list in Glasgow this time, at the expense of unionist parties, so if you're thinking of maybe going that way it's a much more worthwhile vote.

ETA I just checked, and last time the Tories got the final regional seat in Glasgow, taking two with 11.9% of the vote while the Greens got one with 9.4%. If the Greens beat the Tories they'll likely take a seat from them.

Edited by GordonS