Israel Vs Scotland 28th March

Gordopolis

The midfield are offering absolutely f**k all help to the defence here. 
McTominay, McGregor, McGinn...all floating around watching the ball pass them by. 
Get it sorted Clarke. 
They seemed to patch any semblance of backing up Fraser and Adams in pressing their defence early on too. Seen defenders forced into what could have been loose passes only for the recipient to be under zero pressure whatsoever.

Adams touch and general control looks considerably better than Dykes, and I’d much rather a chance fell to him than any other striker we have available.  Having said that I think Dykes the would be handy here to hold it in and get us up the pitch 

Edited by Fratelli

It's just been like most of Clarke's games so far. We play in wee bits and pieces and can look decent going forward at times but generally speaking, we're usually on the back foot. He seems quite happy with that style so long as we keep it tight and if we nick a goal it completely changes the complexion. 

Just now, welldaft said:

I would never pick Callum McGregor to play for Scotland. Suspect defensively and too many times he is anonymous. 

One good game against Serbia and that's it.

Armstrong is another one that never turns up.

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

My time machine seems to be working and we're back to every single time we've played Israel in Tel Aviv over the last couple of years. 

If Israel score first, we're fucked once again. 

Not wanting to be pedantic, but we've only played once in Tel Aviv before tonight in the last 35 years 😜

Guest Bob Mahelp

It's frustrating that we have players that belong to clubs at the highest level of the UK game, yet as a team we are so technically inferior to other countries it's embarrassing. 

I suppose it's been like that for over 30 years now. 

Showing Israel far too much respect here. So, so passive.

The players we have on the pitch are better than theirs but you wouldnt know it.

The lack of a clear plan when we have the ball is a major worry. The only plan seems to be to defend deep then try get the ball into the attacking third and hope someone comes up with something. 

In 25+ years following Scotland I cant remember a good performance that didnt involve us getting in the oppositions faces and playing quickly. This is the opposite of that.