Falkirk v Dumbarton, Tuesday, 30th March 2021

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

Goes to 22 then we will be dead n buried . M&M will park the bus in every game. 

Yes I suspect if it goes to 22 we will fall away . The hope that was keena looks pretty pish Miller and leitch just not good enough . 
Team full of fear tatics full of shit Managers full of cliches and hot air 

I'm delighted for big Sam Ramsbottom. He was excellent tonight - and having watched the goalcam his last minute save from Ben Hall really was superb. I hope he takes plenty of confidence from that moving forward. Handy that he set up a goal too.

There were a host of good performances in a Sons shirt, which was a nice surprise. Robert Jones had his best game in a long time and I really like the look of Rabin Omar. He looks like the sort of natural winger we've been missing since Bobby Barr. Fit enough to get up and down the park, not afraid to get stuck in, and capable of a bit of quality in the final third. Hopefully he can build on that showing.

As an aside, why do so many car weirdos use The Falkirk Stadium car park at night? I was sat trying to write my report up in the car and it felt like I'd stumbled into a Poundland  Fast and  Furious. 

Edited by Jan Vojáček

15 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm delighted for big Sam Ramsbottom. He was excellent tonight - and having watched the goalcam his last minute save from Ben Hall really was superb. I hope he takes plenty of confidence from that moving forward. Handy that he set up a goal too.

There were a host of good performances in a Sons shirt, which was a nice surprise. Robert Jones had his best game in a long time and I really like the look of Rabin Omar. He looks like the sort of natural winger we've been missing since Bobby Barr. Fit enough to get up and down the park, not afraid to get stuck in, and capable of a bit of quality in the final third. Hopefully he can build on that showing.

As an aside, why do so many car weirdos use The Falkirk Stadium car park at night? I was sat trying to write my report up in the car and it felt like I'd stumbled into a Poundland  Fast and  Furious. 

Did you think it was a foul for your goal? Looked like a push to me.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Did you think it was a foul for your goal? Looked like a push to me.

I can't really remember thinking there looked like a foul at the time. The sheer distance on the ball forward looked to have the defence in chaos and Rabin just looked to have read the play better than the Falkirk defence. I don't remember many appeals from the players either...and there were plenty of them tonight. Especially the longer the game went on.

20 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

For me Dixon's stopped to header the ball, Rabin's gave him a dunt cleverly but on another day the ref gives a foul. Be interesting to see it back. No excuses for the result right enough we deserve all we get.

It's here from behind the goal if you want a look. Hard to tell from the angle, but it just looks like poor defending more than anything.

Thought we were terrible and created very little. I know teams can play formations where the lone striker works with players getting up quick enough to support them but it doesn't suit the players we have. If we had lost that game last night there would be no complaints from me, Dumbarton played to their strenghts and deserved the point.

Guest Peter LaFleur
5 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

If i was Miller or McCracken I'd be hanging Durnan out to dry after that. The boy is a fucking idiot. 

I'd probably say that is our worst result of the season so far - worst than the Airdrie and East Fife defeats as they are both semi-competent teams.

Forfar draw at home was worse than that. 
We were rank rotten but I felt we actually created more than our two wins against Montrose and Forfar away. Ramsbottom made 4 excellent saves to his credit. 
The ageing full backs not supporting our wide players is a massive concern; along with Robbie Leitch even in the starting 11.

2 hours ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Forfar draw at home was worse than that. 
We were rank rotten but I felt we actually created more than our two wins against Montrose and Forfar away. Ramsbottom made 4 excellent saves to his credit. 
The ageing full backs not supporting our wide players is a massive concern; along with Robbie Leitch even in the starting 11.

Ramsbottom made one good save and bread and butter saves for a goalkeeper, clutching at straws saying otherwise like FTV last night, although they added Durnan was innocent as the other laughable comment.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Ramsbottom made one good save and bread and butter saves for a goalkeeper, clutching at straws saying otherwise like FTV last night, although they added Durnan was innocent as the other laughable comment.

I'm not wanting to get involved in a square go, but the second and third saves here are absolutely fantastic. I'd say the first was a "good save". The others looked like certain goals.

34 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm not wanting to get involved in a square go, but the second and third saves here are absolutely fantastic. I'd say the first was a "good save". The others looked like certain goals.

The second one but the third is too close to him not to save, first one is going over the bar. 

You didn't come away surely thinking Ramsbottom had an amazing game

The second one but the third is too close to him not to save, first one is going over the bar. 

I did.
However it didn’t excuse our overall poor display.....

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I came away from it thinking he'd had a great game. And without him a pretty average Falkirk would've strolled to victory.

The first one could've hit the bar or could've even dipped in - as Alston did to Kevin at the Rock from a similar position. It's certainly not one I'd have been happy to see a keeper leave to go over.

The second one is a cracker of a save, and the third one is good too. It's close to him, but in a difficult position right in between arm and leg. He gets down to it very sharply for such a big guy, and it would be easy to palm that straight back to Hall. Instead his wrist/arm action is strong enough to flick the ball up and away from the attacker. The natural place for that ball to end up would've been right at (the totally unmarked) Hall's feet/knees. 

I totally understand the argument that Ben Hall really shouldn't be giving the keeper a chance there. But that shouldn't detract from some excellent goalkeeping.

6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I came away from it thinking he'd had a great game. And without him a pretty average Falkirk would've strolled to victory.

The first one could've hit the bar or could've even dipped in - as Alston did to Kevin at the Rock from a similar position. It's certainly not one I'd have been happy to see a keeper leave to go over.

The second one is a cracker of a save, and the third one is good too. It's close to him, but in a difficult position right in between arm and leg. He gets down to it very sharply for such a big guy, and it would be easy to palm that straight back to Hall. Instead his wrist/arm action is strong enough to flick the ball up and away from the attacker. The natural place for that ball to end up would've been right at (the totally unmarked) Hall's feet/knees. 

I totally understand the argument that Ben Hall really shouldn't be giving the keeper a chance there. But that shouldn't detract from some excellent goalkeeping.

3 saves in 90 mins isn't Roy of the rovers material for me and I'd only class one of those as not routine.

I suppose it's different view points from each club, we didnt fail to win because Ramsbottom had a worldy, the comments 4 or 5 excellent saves did not happen.