Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That’s absolutely fine my gnomic neebur. You lot were absolutely correct about Paul Paton btw.

gnomic
/ˈnəʊmɪk/

adjective
adjective: gnomic
  1. expressed in or of the nature of short, pithy maxims or aphorisms.
    "that most gnomic form, the aphorism"
    • difficult to understand because enigmatic or ambiguous.
      "I had to have the gnomic response interpreted for me"

5 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
gnomic
/ˈnəʊmɪk/

adjective
adjective: gnomic
  1. expressed in or of the nature of short, pithy maxims or aphorisms.
    "that most gnomic form, the aphorism"
    • difficult to understand because enigmatic or ambiguous.
      "I had to have the gnomic response interpreted for me"

Cheers Flo. Some things can go right over his head.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Did you or one of your pals confuse me with this poster who is Not a Pars fan at some point? The language used and nature of allegations is very similar to a poster called Augusta (or something like that). He surfaced one morning and pretty much word for word what you just said there.. "saw him posting away.. high and mighty.. called out.. what he's really like.. danger to women" that sort of thing. It was a bit of a joke at the time, especially the bit about how I "bailed out of Napier". It was clear this person had a gripe against someone from Dunfermline they must have thought was me. They were swiftly emptied and people could see the funny side of them persisting with their grievance despite being presented with firm contradictory evidence that they were barking up the wrong tree. 

That's maybe pure all pure coincidence of course! 

You're not still on about this are you?

Shocking thing is that you might be considered more suspect if you went to Napier rather than St Andrews imo. Although I just found out that Prince Andrew went to neither.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Shocking thing is that you might be considered more suspect if you went to Napier rather than St Andrews imo. Although I just found out that Prince Andrew went to neither.

Don't keep going on about it. There's no proof he's a nonce, let that be the end of it.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Did you or one of your pals confuse me with this poster who is Not a Pars fan at some point? The language used and nature of allegations is very similar to a poster called Augusta (or something like that). He surfaced one morning and pretty much word for word what you just said there.. "saw him posting away.. high and mighty.. called out.. what he's really like.. danger to women" that sort of thing. It was a bit of a joke at the time, especially the bit about how I "bailed out of Napier". It was clear this person had a gripe against someone from Dunfermline they must have thought was me. They were swiftly emptied and people could see the funny side of them persisting with their grievance despite being presented with firm contradictory evidence that they were barking up the wrong tree. 

That's maybe pure all pure coincidence of course! 

Not a clue pal, sorry.

Just now, BFTD said:

Between this and Skidmarksgate, it's probably safe to say that having a Twitter account is an absolutely terrible idea, whether or not you're OFTW.

Telling P&B about it seems to be the problem. There's no plausible deniability when the platforms are connected.

33 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Telling P&B about it seems to be the problem. There's no plausible deniability when the platforms are connected.

I'm closing all my accounts just in case  :ph34r:

52 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Someone on the Raith thread bravely standing up to, er, *checks notes* … victims of rape. Highly normal behaviour.

I wish these weirdos would stop putting "Clachnacuddin" next to "My Team" , presumably as some kind of joke. @Raith_Raver is not the first.

On 04/02/2022 at 19:59, ICTChris said:

It’s all a bit mental. I can’t think of the last time something happened with a prominent poster, gone overnight.

Pretty mental the way several posters (The Moonster, Day of the Lords, DA Baracus) rushed to defend their wee online forum pal & abuse the accuser, despite not having a clue about the situation. They’ll certainly be pleased certain posts were deleted.

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Pretty mental the way several posters (The Moonster, Day of the Lords, DA Baracus) rushed to defend their wee online forum pal & abuse the accuser, despite not having a clue about the situation. They’ll certainly be pleased certain posts were deleted.

What happened and who has been punted?

7 hours ago, LJClyde said:

Thats one take on it yes - which you're fully entitled to.

Another take might be that the woman has been responsible for dragging the name of an ex player through the mud who conducted himself with exemplary professionalism during his 5 years at Clyde - leading to the mass spread of misinformation about the case causing outrage majoritively from people who just read a tweet and make assumptions without even looking into the facts of the case.

A man who has not been convicted of any crime and only lost a civil case on the balance of probability based on zero evidence from a judge who is about as qualified enough to hand down a judgement in a criminal case as a joiner is.

Her sexual orientation does not change the fact she looks like Guy Fieri and thus has a shite haircut.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Clyde fans claiming song about Val McDermid's hair is not homophobic. 

Just another normal day at the Bully Wee. 

It deserves a wider audience.