Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

49 minutes ago, dagane said:

I haven't got round to giving a red dot yet ,tend to just ignore any posts I disagree with. Do give out greenies if I agree or if they give me a laugh

You don’t know what you’re missing. Giving red dots out can be very cathartic. On the flip side, the feeling you get when making a post you know will rile people up (usually Falkirk fans) and when the red dots start appearing is like a shot of adrenaline. 

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Reminds me of an old joke (not mine).

"Mummy mummy, can I get pregnant through anal sex"?
"Of course you can darling....where do you think moderators come from?"

Ban Hammer incoming

11 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

When I talk to my friends about things on here, the follow up questions usually are passed by and straight to "your wee Internet pals, aye?".

Also, whatever Aberdeen fan won 40 Freddos aff Div, we have a friend in common.

If you mean me, I don’t have any friends.

19 hours ago, ICTChris said:

There does seem to be, slightly, less vitriol these days.  Maybe it's there but in threads I don't read.

The forum has gone soft IMO.  Bring back hanging.

I can't speak for before but I started posting a few months before Covid and I'd say General Nonsense etc really ramped up in terms of entertainment but also just meanness in that time which is understandable. There's just a lot less meaningful arguments really - mainly in good ways in that I don't think you'd get some of the mental stuff you saw in the BLM thread etc anymore.

A lot of both the guys who were accused of being in a clique (which I was sort of a part of for my sins, although it was hilarious when some people genuinely believed there was a whatsapp group to coordinate posts) and the proper madmen like Oaksoft, DAFC (ok he was only specifically mad about a couple of things) etc have either left or been banned over the last 18 months, and as someone who tries to spend less time invested in petty internet arguments it's probably for the best but it has made Marshy's etcs criticisms parts of the site more legitimate. 

There's more poisonous stuff outwards than towards other posters I notice now - for instance it stuck with me when the annoying JSO protesters were interrupting a horse race and a poster who previously came across as more libertarian was saying "I wish we had an SD I could join so I could beat protesters with a big stick"

1 hour ago, GHF-23 said:

I can't speak for before but I started posting a few months before Covid

My frame of reference is back before the post cull, when there were forty page back and forths about the reintroduction of Latin Mass.

I think dotting made the forum better by reducing the huge back and forth arguments that used to predominate.

48 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Because of the Princess Diana stuff? How bizarre.

Yesterday I walked past a hotel named after her. Seems to be decomposing at a similar rate.

IMG_20231213_160502.jpg

That’s the front locked up, nip around the back and check, eh?

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Because of the Princess Diana stuff? How bizarre.

Yesterday I walked past a hotel named after her. Seems to be decomposing at a similar rate.

IMG_20231213_160502.jpg

Where do you live, the Gaza strip? 

*I strongly condemn any acts of violence towards civilians in Gaza, or any other place in the world for that matter and I do not support Hamas or Israel military engagements. 

Felt a disclaimer was necessary the way this thread is going* 

6 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Where do you live, the Gaza strip? 

*I strongly condemn any acts of violence towards civilians in Gaza, or any other place in the world for that matter and I do not support Hamas or Israel military engagements. 

Felt a disclaimer was necessary the way this thread is going* 

Oh pick a side man!