Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

15 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I'm not defending vT but it's interesting to see that there are people insulting him (including mods) who are contributors in the Depression thread. Including the creator of this thread who has been openly honest about their mental health issues.

On the other hand, starting a thread, and being honest about one’s issues, isn’t a free pass to insult, belittle and abuse. Instead it should be a signal to them that it’s time to take a sabbatical from P&B rather than launch more assaults.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've seen the post now, that's never a suspension issue. Or if it is half the board would be suspended every week. The other one should be banned for being an unfunny imbecile.

Unfortunately, I agree. His comment was in very poor taste, and is worthy of perhaps a warning in that context, but is hardly suspension material. Perhaps it’s a response to persistent infringement?

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've seen the post now, that's never a suspension issue. Or if it is half the board would be suspended every week. The other one should be banned for being an unfunny imbecile.

No, that post does not warrant any kind of suspension. Harsh imo.

He’s an obnoxious, know-it-all that can never, ever, be wrong, I agree that the suspension is harsh unless he’s reached a warning points level but he often displays an arrogance only reached by someone who has honed his skills as a wind up merchant over years of practice, which I think is fairly sad behaviour from a recognised & lauded historian. 

He is insufferable, but as others have alluded to, who knows what his personal circumstances are. He doesn't seem able to join in with general banter. 

Maybe P&B is his life. In which case we shouldn't be too harsh on the guy. 

I fully expect to receive a round of his guns in three days time.. 

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Has David Goodwillie been in touch?

I notice a once prominent Dundee United poster (who seemed to vanish the previous relegation then re-appeared sparsely after promotion but has went silent again) is down voting posters. His avatar is still the man you named. 

Dangerous, IMO.

On 13/08/2023 at 12:04, Sergeant Wilson said:

Totally agree with this.

The post is in very poor taste and likely to be brought back up regularly, being constantly reminded of your heads gone would be punishment enough.

On 13/08/2023 at 12:04, Sergeant Wilson said:

The irony of an arbitrary decision being made by an official due to the Liverpool-esque pearl-clutching of the Raith fanbase would be lost on nobody who witnessed Saturday's refereeing display at Starks' Park too.

Given that the SFA have since produced a suitably grovelling apology for their official's performance, I'll assume that a similar mea culpa is in the post. 

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Can you point me in the direction of this?

The story's here:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/11099265/spfl-boss-reveals-referee-apology-dougie-imrie-var/

NB: It's inaccurate however in identifying the player that the SFA now admits cheated their gormless official. No retrospective action on that of course.

Edited by vikingTON

7 hours ago, virginton said:

The story's here:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/11099265/spfl-boss-reveals-referee-apology-dougie-imrie-var/

NB: It's inaccurate however in identifying the player that the SFA now admits cheated their gormless official. No retrospective action on that of course.

Thanks

10 hours ago, virginton said:

The irony of an arbitrary decision being made by an official due to the Liverpool-esque pearl-clutching of the Raith fanbase would be lost on nobody who witnessed Saturday's refereeing display at Starks' Park too.

Given that the SFA have since produced a suitably grovelling apology for their official's performance, I'll assume that a similar mea culpa is in the post. 

You had the best part of a week to think this up and that was the best you could muster? Yikes.

Swing and a miss champ.

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

You had the best part of a week to think this up and that was the best you could muster? Yikes.

Swing and a miss champ.

Being a doddery old clown trying to pass off going to the same university as some sort of devastating takedown, your review will be safely filed in the bin where it belongs.

Thanks for playing anyway.

1123341775_tenor(7).gif.607ba71985ac562889e2b2db62643277.gif