Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

8 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I'm not defending vT but it's interesting to see that there are people insulting him (including mods) who are contributors in the Depression thread. Including the creator of this thread who has been openly honest about their mental health issues.

Well there is that tbh, I have had him on ignore for yonks as I cannot be doing with his snide condescending attitude, but if that is a mask to deflect from issues that he may have then I will be the first to apologise & try to help in any way I can. My money is still on him being a sneery, knowitall, fud of the highest order, but you genuinely never know what is going on in someone elses mind & if he is struggling I know I would respond to a PM & drop my attitude quickly.

8 hours ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

He's got a fair few posters on strings anyway.

He certainly can dish it out, over the top at times too, but let's not pretend he doesn't get it back.

Totally agree with this but he also has previous for running to the mods to get stuff deleted when he sees it as too much. 

If anything, I would say he's probably had a few drinks too many and typed that in drunken frustration. But as a raith fan, the comment was rather unnecessary and unacceptable.  I doubt he'll come out and apologise,  as he strikes me as someone who'll never back down and admit he's wrong.  But If there any issues, then seeking help or taking a break from here won't be a bad idea.

8 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Stats are undeniable folks. @virginton cops an arbitrary 4-day ban for something apparently offensive- I think no more ill-thought through than that which many others posters have dished out on this fine forum - yet he gets two pages on this thread?. Undeniably #boxoffice. 

Generally anyone who gets banned usually gets a page or two on here do they not?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Who was the other poster who got binned? There was a right creepy wee character on that thread who was posting about having his balls in someone's maws mouth 😂 I assume it was them 

montheton11 seemed a right wee charmer.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

But Sarge, think how much life would be easier for our beloved mods.....Actually, no, as you were.

I'm sure the mods find him irritating, but Div is more likely to enjoy the traffic generated. We need a baddie, he's it, I think it's funny 

8 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

But Sarge, think how much life would be easier for our beloved mods.....Actually, no, as you were.

You'd miss him terribly if you'd only admit it, following him into the likes of the Ukraine thread hoping for a wee flick of his vicious tongue. :wub:

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm sure the mods find him irritating, but Div is more likely to enjoy the traffic generated. We need a baddie, he's it, I think it's funny 

Thankfully i'm ok but others may not find it funny when he targets them with his vitriol. I know he is a figure of fun on here & elsewhere but Gordon Sawers is missing & his family are really concerned, he has had serious MHI for many years & I am worried about him. If anyone spots him, can you please flag it quickly.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You'd miss him terribly if you'd only admit it, following him into the likes of the Ukraine thread hoping for a wee flick of his vicious tongue. :wub:

Have had him on ignore for ages so that theory doesn't hold up.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Thankfully i'm ok but others may not find it funny when he targets them with his vitriol. I know he is a figure of fun on here & elsewhere but Gordon Sawers is missing & his family are really concerned, he has had serious MHI for many years & I am worried about him. If anyone spots him, can you please flag it quickly.

Is there a connection with the guy being missing an VT? I didn't bother looking at the posts that lead to suspension.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is there a connection with the guy being missing an VT? I didn't bother looking at the posts that lead to suspension.

Nothing Sarge sorry, A few people I know have been lost to suicide, I just dont want it to happen again yet again but Gordon has fallen off the radar & that is worrying.

6 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Well there is that tbh, I have had him on ignore for yonks as I cannot be doing with his snide condescending attitude, but if that is a mask to deflect from issues that he may have then I will be the first to apologise & try to help in any way I can. My money is still on him being a sneery, knowitall, fud of the highest order, but you genuinely never know what is going on in someone elses mind & if he is struggling I know I would respond to a PM & drop my attitude quickly.

Agreed on all counts.

The ignore function is an absolute godsend.