Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Absolutely - I learned its origin from a post on here. Where this argument falls down, however, is that the racist nature of the word was already pointed out to Falkirk fans last year:

The guy who initially used it yesterday, @NavyBlueArmy1876, didn't like it being called out back then either so he was clearly aware that it's racist. It's also worth pointing out that hapless moderator @Andy Dufresne banned the person above who called it out and liked a subsequent post containing the slur. 

I really don't care what you think you utterly tragic little individual.

All you succeeded in doing with your holier than thou attitude was starting a rammy (which I wasn't part of) resulting in several posts being removed - possibly including your own

If the mods don't like my original post they are welcome to remove it. Equally if you don't agree with how the mods are policing the forum why don't you take it up with them directly rather than bleating about it on here? 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

16 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

So, as expected, it isn't a case of ignorance? You genuinely don't care that you posted a racial slur?

26 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

All you succeeded in doing with your holier than thou attitude was starting a rammy (which I wasn't part of) resulting in several posts being removed - possibly including your own

If the mods don't like my original post they are welcome to remove it. Equally if you don't agree with how the mods are policing the forum why don't you take it up with them directly rather than bleating about it on here? 

Yes my post was removed but I completely stand by it. @AndrewFFC posting "Shut it tink" was embarrassing and I'm glad his post was removed, although it is strange that his was deemed out of line but yours was absolutely fine. I don't know which mod was responsible for that but I'm happy to take it up with them as per your advice. 

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Yes my post was removed but I completely stand by it. @AndrewFFC posting "Shut it t**k" was embarrassing and I'm glad his post was removed, although it is strange that his was deemed out of line but yours was absolutely fine. I don't know which mod was responsible for that but I'm happy to take it up with them as per your advice. 

FTFY

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Clearly doesn't give a cinkers tuss 

6 hours ago, BFTD said:

They all seem to be coming back into general use, after a decade or more of hard work by internet roasters

Tbf this is the problem with P&B words associated with 2 football teams and their obsession with 16th century history are banned on here.

Yet some of the most offensive words aren't caught by the same swear filter. Mental.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I believe "Gadgie" comes from Romani (like a few words in East of Scotland/Geordie slang) and just means someone who isn't a Romani.

I suspect we're not calling people "Gadji" in the feminine but have just Scotticised "Gadjo"

More to the point 
Referring to someone as a radgie gadjo wouldn’t rhyme 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

8 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

If they shaped Indian snacks like gingerbread men and called them onion gadgies I'd definitely buy them at least once. 

You could eat them with your your Nan.

I think if people object to certain language being used, it would help if they explained why instead of being a pompous twat about it, especially when it's a word in common use quite innocently.

Edited by welshbairn

21 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Absolutely - I learned its origin from a post on here. Where this argument falls down, however, is that the racist nature of the word was already pointed out to Falkirk fans last year:

The guy who initially used it yesterday, @NavyBlueArmy1876, didn't like it being called out back then either so he was clearly aware that it's racist. It's also worth pointing out that hapless moderator @Andy Dufresne banned the person above who called it out and liked a subsequent post containing the slur. 

Correct.

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I think if people object to certain language being used, it would help if they explained why instead of being a pompous twat about it, especially when it's a word in common use quite innocently.

This for me.

It did used to definitely mean gypsies, or travellers, but now it's just used to mean someone unclean and lower class. My flatmate used to use it to describe certain neighbours as they would leave old appliances outside or somesuch. There was never any suggestion he thought they were travellers. I never enjoyed the term as it's obviously punching down however you look at it.

As a collection of players (perhaps Gordon aside) this Newcastle team is immensely likeable. They've managed to maintain a northern flavour with lads like Burn and Longstaff as well as Tripper. Miguel Almiron always plays like he's having a ball. 

Obviously the ownership is awful, but I like this team.