Rating the club pay per views

Who was best & who was worst  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At a tenner Rangers had the best value for money, Clive Tyldesley was head and shoulders above everyone else and was pretty well balanced with both teams.  Tom while a good bear is basically a fan with a mike.

Rangers had the best quality all round, IMO.

Celtic the worst since they didn't actually offer PPV.

Sooner the whole thing fucks off the better though, absolutely woeful watching matches on the laptop every week.

Will happily vote Celtic as worst for their shitebaggery by not showing to non-season ticket holders as a cop out for no refunds on the books. I couldn't get in to mine a few times and now they are only offering a 25% refund to season ticket holders considering the turgid season we have had. The quality absolutely plummeted once sunset  and vine stopped doing it as well.

Edited by gannonball

voted Celtic, was a watching the Aberdeen Celtic game on a steam, the commentators barely knew any of the Aberdeen players.........good block from........the aberdeen defender........

reminded me of a time i was offshore watching a cup game with two rangers fans in the room "hawl! that's that David Stockdale he's an animal!" It was in fact Jayden Stockley. 

Edited by red23

Ours was incredibly poor from a technical point of view and it was simply a bare bones stream of the match. For the first couple of months, the stream went down a lot, leaving us watching the dreaded "Verizon Lady" whilst bad things were no doubt happening to our defence - and right up until the end of the season, the audio was garbage. For nostalgia reasons, I don't mind Jock Brown commentaries at all but when he sounds like he's commentating from a Scotland away game circa 1970, it's not ideal.

This season would have been a tough watch anyway - but to have to go through it on a sub-standard stream made it much worse.

1 minute ago, Swello said:

Ours was incredibly poor from a technical point of view and it was simply a bare bones stream of the match. For the first couple of months, the stream went down a lot, leaving us watching the dreaded "Verizon Lady" whilst bad things were no doubt happening to our defence - and right up until the end of the season, the audio was garbage. For nostalgia reasons, I don't mind Jock Brown commentaries at all but when he sounds like he's commentating from a Scotland away game circa 1970, it's not ideal.

This season would have been a tough watch anyway - but to have to go through it on a sub-standard stream made it much worse.

Multiple times they had to patch in Jock over the phone because the sound was gubbed. Couldn't even get it right in away games with the commentary disappearing for 25 minutes in the Dundee utd game. Definitely not the best. Nothing happening at half time either, just the same (non) highlights on repeat. Stevie Kirk the true bright spot though, enjoyed his co-comms.

Ross County and Aberdeen were pretty decent from memory.

Worst would probably be Accies.

Felt St Johnstone were one of the worst, caught a few of their games when they weren't playing Livi and they were throwing about nicknames for players and adding 'wee' before their name. Basically just talking about them as if they were pals, added in with the fact that you'd having them screaming 'yaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssss' whenever there was a goal, it just added to the 'fanzone' feeling.

Edited by ATLIS

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers had the best quality all round, IMO.

Celtic the worst since they didn't actually offer PPV.

Sooner the whole thing fucks off the better though, absolutely woeful watching matches on the laptop every week.

You don't have to watch it on a fucking laptop.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

You don't have to watch it on a fucking laptop.

Watching on the TV wouldn't be any better tbh, all a bit shit compared to actually getting to a game.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Watching on the TV wouldn't be any better tbh, all a bit shit compared to actually getting to a game.

You need to get a decent tv and surround sound, it's like being there.

You can even hear the hobbits slavers landing on his 1970s shirt collar before it drips on his faded jersey. 

I am a bit disappointed not to see my IPTV provider there in the listing of best providers - they were brilliant for away matches 😉

Simply cant bring myself to vote for Hibs because of Tanner. 

It almost needs to be split into two; the technology side and the commentary side.  I don’t think I had too many issues with pictures apart from if you tried to pause it and restart it packed in and you had to log out and back in again.

To be honest I just usually stuck to the away commentary so couldn’t really judge others. Utd’s main commentator was ok but occasionally they got some strange almost Doric lad that got overly excited if someone made a two yard pass - was a tough listen.

The thing that sticks in my mind is when we played Hamilton in the lead up to Christmas and the two guys on commentary were telling everyone about Hamilton’s upcoming online pantomime. And, yes they did.

8 hours ago, Swello said:

I'd say Jock Brown is still one of the best commentators this country has. 

38 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Could only really choose Celtic as worst with Aberdeen as best.

Watched most away games with the redtv commentary as the home links often had buffering issues while the away ones ran fine.

Yeah I’m the same but do find redtv annoying. Coverage tends to vary depending on who the co commentator is. The main commentators are pretty shite and even rob McLean is far too one eyed when doing redtv. It’s actually quite patronising because you know they’re being biased apparently for your benefit. 

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Felt St Johnstone were one of the worst, caught a few of their games when they weren't playing Livi and they were throwing about nicknames for players and adding 'wee' before their name. Basically just talking about them as if they were pals, added in with the fact that you'd having them screaming 'yaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssss' whenever there was a goal, it just added to the 'fanzone' feeling.

See, i liked that about it. I appreciate it's not for everybody but some partisan loony screaming "how's he not booked him for that?!?!?" every time Lewis Ferguson went near one of their players just made it feel less like watching it on the telly. 

Ross Co worst (of the good guys that actually made an effort) for me, purely because it kept freezing.