Living with cancer (and madwullie memorial thread)

3 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Dad passed away this morning. 58.

I was back up in Scotland in time, and he was comfortable and at home, but it doesn’t make it feel any less shit.

Brain tumours are fucking horrendous. Get them in the sea.

Sorry to hear it but glad you got the chance to be with him before the end. You'll keep the grief with you but it subsides a bit over the years, and you won't forget.

31 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

I was back up in Scotland in time, and he was comfortable and at home, but it doesn’t make it feel any less shit.

Take comfort that you were there to support him and if you gave him a thousand years, he wouldn't swap with you.

He's not gone, he'll share in your dreaming.

Celebrate him.

37 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Sorry for your loss man. Although it may not feel like a great comfort now, in years to come you'll be glad you got to see him before the end.

All the best.

56 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Sorry for your loss mate.

As I tell everyone else in this scenario, the pain will never leave you, and nor should you want it to. Cling on as best you can to the memories the illness hasn't managed to take from you, as it does so ruthlessly. Dont be ashamed or afraid to cry. Those are the moments when you connect to who they were.

Ah sorry for your loss Ad Lib, thoughts with you and your family at this difficult time. I’m glad you got to spend a little time with him at the end, it might not seem it but it will be a comfort.

Had a very good friend succumb to the same thing at 56 @Ad Lib  - words can’t explain the tragedy of it. It’ll knock the stuffing out of you and will continue to hit you when you’re least expecting it.

Grieve for however long it takes but continue on your path; you’ll know he was very proud of you.