Fun facts

18 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

When Alex Higgins won his first snooker world title in 1972, it was a best of 73 frame match that took 6 days to complete. He won 37-32. 

Tournament lasted from March 71 'til February 72.....Higgins played two qualifying rounds prior to that. 

11 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The best feathers for a badminton shuttlecock are from the left wing of a goose. Also, aerodynamic experts say that 16 feathers from the left wing causes the shuttlecock to spin clockwise with an overarm smash.

. . . . . . . and the parson's beak of the goose is apparently well worth a gander.  Plus they can mimic certain humans by moving their eyes independently.

image.jpeg.ac5b57f9a31d3767df4e358051ec76e1.jpeg 

Tony Wilson, the Manchester music bloke used to host a music quiz show on tv in the early 90’s. One of the questions he asked was “Which member of Echo and the Bunnymen made his last percussive sound when his motorbike hit a lamp post?”

Edited by Tony Ferrino

The London Bridge that was sold to the Yanks and moved to Lake Havasu City, Arizona was designed by the East Lothian born John Rennie and built by his son, John Rennie Junior. 

John Rennie also designed the bridge over the Esk at Musselburgh that is still used for road traffic. 

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

It’s actually quicker to say ‘Volkswagen’ than it is to say ‘V.W.’  

If I had a pound for every time I heard someone using an acronym that actually extended the syllable count I would be a billionaire. 

Similar with World, Wide, Web.