English Premier League 2021/22 Season

If Kane really did believe a "gentleman's agreement", which may or may not exist, was ever going to stand up with Daniel Levy, he really is every bit as gormless as his slack-jawed, glazed appearance on the pitch leaves to to believe he is. 
It seems odd in the day and age of leeches like Raiola.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It seems odd in the day and age of leeches like Raiola.

The agent's job is ultimately to get his clients what they want and Raiola does that very well. I agree however that he is a p***k. 

Anyway, looks like Grealish to City for £100m is on. Here's the perfect opportunity for Kane to conduct a climbdown since they won't have the funds to get him as well. 

12 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Chelsea bid £85m for Lukaku.

£57m more than they sold him first 7 years ago.

Inter holding out for £120m.

It's just stupid money.

Lukaku is a much better all-round forward now than when Chelsea sold him, and if they buy him and he bags 20+ goals each season then they would make that £85 million back no bother through sustained league and CL success. 

There's nothing stupid about that money at all. So long as sponsors and TV companies choose to keep the overall pot as large as it currently is, that is the going rate for a top-class forward.

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

The agent's job is ultimately to get his clients what they want and Raiola does that very well. I agree however that he is a p***k. 

Anyway, looks like Grealish to City for £100m is on. Here's the perfect opportunity for Kane to conduct a climbdown since they won't have the funds to get him as well. 

What that fat parasite wants is lots of money for himself, the player is secondary to that.

Guest TheJTS98
3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

He didn't want to leave. Spurs promised him they'll invest in the squad to challenge for trophies.

They promised him, did they?

That'll be that, then.

Absolutely anybody with a pulse and a passing interest in football could have foreseen this, and it's absolute madness that his own representatives left him no way out.

4 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

They promised him, did they?

That'll be that, then.

Absolutely anybody with a pulse and a passing interest in football could have foreseen this, and it's absolute madness that his own representatives left him no way out.

I laughed when he signed the deal at the time.

How can fans scream for players to show loyalty when this is how the club treat the players?

Just now, Michael W said:

Which he gets when his players get their moves/better contract. 

He comes first, Pogba is on record saying he would never play for PSG. They are the only show in town right now so pizza boy has filled his head with shite to try & get him to go there so he can get more money, the player doesn't matter to that greedy parasite, the fact they benefit as well is incidental.

Guest TheJTS98
2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I laughed when he signed the deal at the time.

How can fans scream for players to show loyalty when this is how the club treat the players?

I mean, he's not up a chimney, is he?

He's got a job that millions of people would do for nothing, he gets paid (apparently) about ten million quid a year.

Spurs have given him an unbelievable life, and it's fair enough for them to not shaft themselves by selling him to a perceived rival at a time they don't think suits them.

Another angle to this is that they've paid him a fortune to win f**k all.

3 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

I mean, he's not up a chimney, is he?

He's got a job that millions of people would do for nothing, he gets paid (apparently) about ten million quid a year.

Spurs have given him an unbelievable life, and it's fair enough for them to not shaft themselves by selling him to a perceived rival at a time they don't think suits them.

Another angle to this is that they've paid him a fortune to win f**k all.

A bit bizarre to take the angle that it may be Kane's fault they haven't won anything. Played through injury multiple times to his own detriment and his stats speak for themselves.

Spurs haven't given the guy an unbelievable life. He's earned it himself. If Spurs ran in to financial difficulty or he wasn't performing they'd be trying to force him out the door before the end of the six years.

I don't even like the guy but it's plain to see there's shades of grey.

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

A bit bizarre to take the angle that it may be Kane's fault they haven't won anything. Played through injury multiple times to his own detriment and his stats speak for themselves.

Spurs haven't given the guy an unbelievable life. He's earned it himself. If Spurs ran in to financial difficulty or he wasn't performing they'd be trying to force him out the door before the end of the six years.

I don't even like the guy but it's plain to see there's shades of grey.

I'm not saying it's his fault. But he's been very well paid to be the figurehead of the team. What they're paying him for is that move to being a big, trophy-winning, Champions League team.

He's part of the failure. It goes both ways.

I don't disagree about the complete lack of loyalty in all areas of the game. But it's just not as simple as saying Spurs owe him a move. You could maybe argue that in a situation like a player from Hearts or Aberdeen going to the Old Firm, as that money would be life-changing.

In Kane's case it's just a player who signed a contract he shouldn't have and now regrets it. I can't say I'm really upset for him.

I'd like to be getting paid ten million quid a year to play for a big football club I didn't want to be at. He can do my job.

He chose this. Nobody made him.

6 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

I'm not saying it's his fault. But he's been very well paid to be the figurehead of the team. What they're paying him for is that move to being a big, trophy-winning, Champions League team.

He's part of the failure. It goes both ways.

I don't disagree about the complete lack of loyalty in all areas of the game. But it's just not as simple as saying Spurs owe him a move. You could maybe argue that in a situation like a player from Hearts or Aberdeen going to the Old Firm, as that money would be life-changing.

In Kane's case it's just a player who signed a contract he shouldn't have and now regrets it. I can't say I'm really upset for him.

I'd like to be getting paid ten million quid a year to play for a big football club I didn't want to be at. He can do my job.

He chose this. Nobody made him.

Players move for money "players only care about money!"

Player requests move to win trophies "player should be happy with his money".

Seems like goalposts are constantly shifted to blame the players no matter the scenario.

Guest TheJTS98
1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Players move for money "players only care about money!"

Player requests move to win trophies "player should be happy with his money".

Seems like goalposts are constantly shifted to blame the players no matter the scenario.

I'm not moving any goalposts. I have never been upset about a player moving for money.

If he'd signed for three years in 2018, the power would be all Kane's. Maybe he'd have been paid a bit less, but it would've given him far more flexibility. In particular, he'd have the option of clubs that could pay his wage demands, but can't afford his transfer fee. He can't have this both ways and should have decided what was more important to him, or refused to sign without clauses added and ran down his contract like many before him. 

I suspect he will eventually be sold after an extended sulk, either in January if a suitor can be found or to City next summer. Or maybe he'll get over it. 

Edited by Michael W

Guest TheJTS98
4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

If he'd signed for three years in 2018, the power would be all Kane's. Maybe he'd have been paid a bit less, but it would've given him far more flexibility. In particular, he'd have the option of clubs that could pay his wage demands, but can't afford his transfer fee. He can't have this both ways and should have decided what was more important to him, or refused to sign without clauses added and ran down his contract like many before him. 

I suspect he will eventually be sold after an extended sulk, either in January if a suitor can be found or to City next summer. Or maybe he'll get over it. 

I suspect it'll get done this summer. But that might just be applying the rules of different situations.

He's clearly not very smartly advised, and it's possible to see Spurs taking the chance to make a point here. They have a lot on the line in terms of their own image.

And if he doesn't go this summer, he maybe never goes. He'll be very expensive for a guy pushing thirty with some injuries behind him. And there are younger forwards around.