English Premier League 2021/22 Season

I used to live with one of Jack Grealish's mates when I was in Melbourne. 

The lad was called 'Henry', but insisted you called him 'Heng'. Fucking Heng.

One evening I came out of my room to find him measuring the radiator in the hallway and was quite taken aback to discover the reason for this was he was practicing using a tape measure ahead of starting his new labouring job the next morning. He didn't last a day. Absolute whopper of a boy.

Edited by Barry Ferguson's Hat

People going on about shirt sales ignore the inconvenient truth that most of those shirts would still have sold - just with someone else’s name on them.

It’s hardly like a load of Aston Villa fans are about to start buying Man City shirts.

People going on about shirt sales ignore the inconvenient truth that most of those shirts would still have sold - just with someone else’s name on them.
It’s hardly like a load of Aston Villa fans are about to start buying Man City shirts.

Grealish is one of England’s most marketable players. But that won’t make city anymore money.

Are Man City even that popular worldwide? I know every successful team will attract some glory hunters, but I barely ever see anyone going around in a City top. The only Man City fan I know has supported them since he was a kid, long before the UAE blood money arrived.

Did someone say that Man City are able to spend loads this year without worrying about FFP as they got loads of money back in taxes? I'm sure it was on here but can't find it and now worrying I might have dreamt it. Anyway, if anyone knows what I'm on about please let me know.

Are Man City even that popular worldwide? I know every successful team will attract some glory hunters, but I barely ever see anyone going around in a City top. The only Man City fan I know has supported them since he was a kid, long before the UAE blood money arrived.

I know of 2 guys who supported them in high school. One because he had a pal who grew up near Maine Road and he’d go watch them on occasion and another who chose them because he liked blue.

I’d say you’d almost certainly see a lot of their tops in North America, but apart from that I can’t see many in this country suddenly support them.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Boys a great laugh tbh.

wait im confused is this a parody or are we in the dark timeline where some people will now genuinely praise a player based not on their projected goals or assists or something, but because they think they're going to set stupid fashion trends and get lots of fucking instagram followers?

59 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

wait im confused is this a parody or are we in the dark timeline where some people will now genuinely praise a player based not on their projected goals or assists or something, but because they think they're going to set stupid fashion trends and get lots of fucking instagram followers?

He forgot to mention that loads of esports athletes will use Grealish as their avatar.

Or something.

^^^ Legacy fan

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

A fellow The Caley fan of mine that used to live a few doors down from me when we were both younger is a massive City fan and I believe he started supporting them when they were in League One as it's now called, in the late 90's.  That's when I first noticed him wearing a City shirt anyway.  

Goes to a few games a season and I'm quite chuffed for him about how good they are now.  

I'm guessing it's the same guy 😂

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

A fellow The Caley fan of mine that used to live a few doors down from me when we were both younger is a massive City fan and I believe he started supporting them when they were in League One as it's now called, in the late 90's.  That's when I first noticed him wearing a City shirt anyway.  

Goes to a few games a season and I'm quite chuffed for him about how good they are now.  

I'm guessing it's the same guy 😂

I don't think it is the same guy. The one I know is in his early 50s now and was an Inverness Thistle fan pre-merger, but I don't think he's ever followed ICT at all. He's unfortunately a Sevco man as well.

4 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I don't think it is the same guy. The one I know is in his early 50s now and was an Inverness Thistle fan pre-merger, but I don't think he's ever followed ICT at all. He's unfortunately a Sevco man as well.

'One of them' as us The Caley fans call them.

22 hours ago, eez-eh said:

You're obviously unfamiliar with the South-East Asian market

On 09/08/2021 at 10:20, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

they're getting there, muricans and middle and far east fans are all pretty new, but its the english kids, city have stolen a generation of fans from United, that will be telling in a decade or so