Hibs v St Mirren

Thought Hibs looked the part in the first half against Hearts and would go on to win. But then Jack Ross made a unnecessary change at half time in my view though Hibs fans will know better than me.  The first half performance had me worried for this game. As for Saints there are flashes of what might come together. We have put the ball in the net in our last three games which to me should have stood and have us 6 points. Power back in midfield thankfully.  Will Goodwin stick to his favourite 3-5-2 ?  No prediction from me well let's put it another way would I put money on Saints tomorrow Nope. PS keep Scott Allan wrapped in cotton wool until January please. 

I can't actually see us getting Scott Allan. It made sense as a makeweight in a McGrath deal, but from Jan McGrath will be talking to clubs that can significantly outbid Hibs, for a PCA. He won't be commanding a fee so will be in line to get a really decent contract.

It's clear to see how and why the Hibs/McGrath deal almost unfolded at the end of the summer window, but circumstances will be significantly different in January.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I can't actually see us getting Scott Allan. It made sense as a makeweight in a McGrath deal, but from Jan McGrath will be talking to clubs that can significantly outbid Hibs, for a PCA. He won't be commanding a fee so will be in line to get a really decent contract.

It's clear to see how and why the Hibs/McGrath deal almost unfolded at the end of the summer window, but circumstances will be significantly different in January.

I don't know mate but would not be surprised if McGrath ended up at hibs. They offered two players plus cash the best deal we were offered for McGrath would reckon a sell on also. 

8 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Reckon you have pinched ours which we have had for a few seasons but its contract was up. Fair play to the St Mirren B team - you are doing quite well.

Seriously, how many of the current Hibs squad played for the Saints? 

There's Jake Doyle-Hayes, Paul McGinn, Darren McGreggor and Kyle Magennis...plus of course Jack Ross. Have I missed anyone?

4 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Scott Allan is undoubtedly a cracking player, and we’re it not for his medical issues I’m sure he would be at the very least a regular starter for Hibs, if not playing at a higher level. 

But at this precise moment in time and after all the unfortunate issues he has had, is he even a player that would make St Mirren a better team. On his day he can play defence splitting passes like a prime Iniesta, but if he can only manage a handful of games a season whilst being on a not insignificant wage, then I don’t think that is beneficial to a team the size of St Mirren. By all accounts he turned in some very decent performances for Caley last season, and it may be that his injury/medical worries are behind him now, but I don’t see that being a risk St Mirren will be able to take financially. 

Now that it’s almost certain that McGrath will move on for nothing (unless someone is willing to stump up a nominal transfer fee to take him in January, which is not unrealistic), then replacing him with someone of similar quality who also fits into our wage structure will be of the upmost importance. McGrath, from memory, has hardly missed a game for us so to me Scott Allan would be a more than risky replacement. 

7 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

I don't know mate but would not be surprised if McGrath ended up at hibs. They offered two players plus cash the best deal we were offered for McGrath would reckon a sell on also. 

Nah, my point is it's not going to be about what a team can offer St Mirren; it's what they can afford to offer McGrath. Obviously a lot depends on how he does this season, but you could imagine any number of big Championship clubs - Boro, Sheff Utd, Forest, West Brom, etc etc - taking a punt on him on a free transfer.

There's Jake Doyle-Hayes, Paul McGinn, Darren McGreggor and Kyle Magennis...plus of course Jack Ross. Have I missed anyone?
John Potter, and Craig Samson, and recently Stephen McGinn and John McGinn. Also took our kitman!

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:
8 hours ago, G_&_T said:

John Potter, and Craig Samson, and recently Stephen McGinn and John McGinn. Also took our kitman!

Stevie Mallan via Barnsley, too.

3 minutes ago, NorthBank said:
8 hours ago, G_&_T said:

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Stevie Mallan via Barnsley, too.

Appreciate we have a few over the years, but isnt this now verging on  "name any ex St Mirren player that has played or coached for Hibs"?