Big, Horrible Motherwell vs County - 25/09/2021

So will this be the first game in history where both teams manage under 50% possession despite that being an impossibility? 30% each & the referee getting fed up & having 40%?

Seems like the most exciting aspect of the whole game.

County fan interest seems about as close to zero as I can remember.

Edited by forkboy

On 22/09/2021 at 17:06, Rcfc fan said:

... Ironically I’d drop white for this game but he has done very well for us I just feel one of the samuels would suit better for pace on the break and deserve a chance, hopefully Clarke is back but if not I’m content with Baldwin and iacovitti, hoping for something like this

maynard-brewer 

burroughs Clarke iacovitti b.Paton 

RCC spittal tillson callachan h.paton 

D.Samuel 

Going for another 2-2 as motherwell appear to be flying but we have also held our own against rangers, aberdeen and hearts so no reason this can’t continue

Clarke has looked like an excellent signing, hopefully he's back in the centre of defense.  

I'm eager to see more of Hungbo, I've heard great things about him but can understand RCC starting ahead of him as RCC has been performing so we'll.

I've been really impressed with White and the role he's played for the team this season but his layoffs and general distribution last week against Hearts was a low point for him. I would understand if McKay swapped him out for one of the Samuel's.

I was going to head through to this for my first Ross County game since we were in Motherwell in March last year. Unfortunately, Cross Country appear to have gotten rid of the 45mins direct train from Edinburgh pre- and immediately post-match. I don't much fancy 1hr 32mins via places such as Greenfaulds and Whifflet that I'm not sure exist outside a Scotrail timetable.

Have bitten the bullet myself and taken the mystery train from Edinburgh via Greenfaulds. Will report back if it actually exists.

EDIT: Or not. It's just been cancelled. Obviously because I was about to bust the Greenfaulds hoax wide open.

37 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

Have bitten the bullet myself and taken the mystery train from Edinburgh via Greenfaulds. Will report back if it actually exists.

EDIT: Or not. It's just been cancelled. Obviously because I was about to bust the Greenfaulds hoax wide open.

Can confirm, due to driving it on a daily basis, that Greenfaulds does indeed exist. It is the last station on the line westbound before it splits either towards Queen St, or via Motherwell/Hamilton towards Glasgow Central. Pretty much in the middle of an industrial area, I think.

Whifflet also (unfortunately) exists. An area of Coatbridge with an unsurprisingly high percentage of Celtic fans in its populace. Got a cracking B&Q though.

What is your option now, via Shotts and change at Bellshill?

29 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:
Can confirm, due to driving it on a daily basis, that Greenfaulds does indeed exist. It is the last station on the line westbound before it splits either towards Queen St, or via Motherwell/Hamilton towards Glasgow Central. Pretty much in the middle of an industrial area, I think.

I can further back up that it does indeed exist, as I used to work in said Industrial area, however, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone use it, the bus link into the town centre is better and Cumbernauld train station isn’t very far away either.

Even took the train to Motherwell from Cumbernauld straight after work many years ago to catch a 7.45pm kick off vs Celtic, can’t remember if it went through Greenfaulds but definitely didn’t stop there if it did. 

Anyway, today’s game, Motherwell 2-0 Ross County, fancy a Van Veen double.

Edited by ZX1886

11 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I've mentioned before that Jordan White's mum was my secondary school head teacher- I obviously wasn't in the ground last season and I'm working tomorrow. I'm never going to get the chance to launch extremely specific personalised insults in his direction.

Working!

Should still be in school gaining an education with comments like that.

Best if you stay away from football grounds!

37 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Coatbridge has too many train stations for such a shitehole

Greenock is the same. 

Sticking with train station chat, are we saying Motherwell has two or three stations? We classing Shieldmuir as Motherwell or Wishaw? 

Shieldmuir is a weird yin. I'd say it's in wishaw.

12 minutes ago, Desp said:

Greenock is the same. 

Sticking with train station chat, are we saying Motherwell has two or three stations? We classing Shieldmuir as Motherwell or Wishaw? 

Actually. It acts as the border for the muirhouse side of motherwell and the craignooook part of wishaw

Edited by Busta Nut

Whifflet also (unfortunately) exists. An area of Coatbridge with an unsurprisingly high percentage of Celtic fans in its populace. Got a cracking B&Q though.
What is your option now, via Shotts and change at Bellshill?
I can also confirm the existence of Whifflet as I used to go there in the summer holidays. Well, my grandparents lived in the High flats and looked after me and my sister. This was long before the train station or B&Q as the foundry was still there so the highlight was a trip to John Menzies in the town centre.

Anyway, I'm isolating so stuck with trying to get it on MFC TV. This is a game that we should always be looking to win but as we know is by no means a gimme - seen a good few comfortable home wins but also enough of County to know they can be stuffy and carry a threat up front to take the points. No idea but hopefully we can edge it.