Overrated shite attractions

14 hours ago, budmiester1 said:

I was quite disappointed in L.A. apart from the original Mexican centre. I know it’s a huge metropolis but it felt more sprawling than I thought it would. As for Santa Monica it was crawling with down and outs, panhandlers etc, not quite the picture you see in films, of course reality is never the same as in film so I should have been prepared.

I like LA but generally have a car to dart around or use the subway to get from place to place, i like finding the amazing taco places you see on foodie youtube places, love burbank too (get the feeling everyone there is some way connected to the WB studio) and Beverly Hills. The areas around the walk of fame etc are shite holes, i like anaheim though, but the drive down to San Diego, through Carlsbad etc is amazing, San Diego is my fave city in California. 

7 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I was very underwhelmed by Notre Dame. At least it was free to get in.

Nodre daaaame

1 hour ago, HTG said:

Euro Disney

Euro Disney if viewed as a 1 park resort is not too bad, the disneyland park is quite decent, but the second studios park is just completely crap, two good rides in Ratatouille and Tower of Terror and thats it. It might get better when they have the star wars addition etc. We went a few years ago in January, was snowing and really nice, got a full board meal plan and the food was absolutely fantastic for a theme park, they get good marks for that bit at least!

11 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
9 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:
New York & London. Two shiteholes

Never been to New York but can safely say London is one of the best, if not the best, cities on the planet.

I thought you used to go to New York? 

Arguably the two best cities on the planet.  If you cant find things to enjoy in either of those two, then there's something seriously wrong (with you more than likely).

Arguably the two best cities on the planet.  If you cant find things to enjoy in either of those two, then there's something seriously wrong (with you more than likely).
I cant speak for London but NYC is absolutely fantastic. Probably the only only major city I have ever visited and thought id happily live there.

Angkor Wat. Visited a couple of times, first time was great empty and accessible. 2nd time pure crap, many of the buildings covered in scaffolding with no access and the place was over run with tour groups. Another vote for Marrakesh too much hassle and shady at night. Worth the occasional night to get access to the rest of Morocco which is a brilliant place to visit. 

Shiteholes ? Not sure of your use of that word, but if you mean they are the 2 most overrated cities on the planet, you'll get no argument here

9 hours ago, HTG said:

Blackpool should be removed from the map. Also, Cleethorpes. 

Blackpool has been fucked for years, used to be a weegie paradise, now its nothing but stag and hen parties.

23 hours ago, budmiester1 said:

I was quite disappointed in L.A. apart from the original Mexican centre. I know it’s a huge metropolis but it felt more sprawling than I thought it would. As for Santa Monica it was crawling with down and outs, panhandlers etc, not quite the picture you see in films, of course reality is never the same as in film so I should have been prepared.

progressive and left of left of centre politics has turn that area into a proper shithole, add to that the high tax rate, and loads of people are leaving the state not just LA.

been a very long time since i was in the Santa Monica area, {2003} its was fantastic back then

41 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

only if you'd only been to two city, one called New York, the other called London, 

16 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

Tenderloin, what a place that was/is

The last time I was in San Francisco my hotel was in Powell St not far from the Tenderloin district , it was really noticeable  the amount of homeless people around the area and there was a huge amount down at Fishermans Wharf.