COP26 Glasgow 31st OCT to 12th NOV

wastecoatwilly

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

The Rainbow Warrior had permission to dock and were bringing young climate activists from around the world to Glasgow whom might not have been able to afford the travel by any other means. Greenpeace helping them out.

1184377993_tenor(22).gif.a2ddddd85e07eb0e02a2fbb62fc5722c.gif

Has the boat been sailing around the world continuously to pick them up en route? If not, then it's clearly doing no such thing.

Dozzy bint turned up at an entrance without disabled access. There were plenty of other entrances she could have used, but then again she wouldn't have been able to whine about it if she had. They were meant to let the organisers know if there are any special access needs.
Not sure wheelchair access is "special" these days..

10 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
9 hours ago, MacDuffman said:
Dozzy bint turned up at an entrance without disabled access. There were plenty of other entrances she could have used, but then again she wouldn't have been able to whine about it if she had. They were meant to let the organisers know if there are any special access needs.

Not sure wheelchair access is "special" these days..

Dozy Duff still lives in the 1970's. Best put on ignore imvho.

42 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've just realised, imagine this was last year and Donald was still president. Patter for years.

Donald Trump is, I think, the President with the closest familial ties to Scotland.  His mother being born in Lewis. He would’ve been box office times 1000 at a diplomatic summit here.

anyway, I read this article about doomerism and climate change today, I thought it was interesting - https://www.wired.co.uk/article/climate-crisis-doom

It’s mentioned in the article some of the documents and manifestos of Extinction Rebellion, here is an excerpt from one of them. The definition of yikes.

E946FC03-FAEB-468D-805D-487D39D14510.png

Edited by ICTChris

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Donald Trump is, I think, the President with the closest familial ties to Scotland.  His mother being born in Lewis. He would’ve been box office times 1000 at a diplomatic summit here.

anyway, I read this article about doomerism and climate change today, I thought it was interesting - https://www.wired.co.uk/article/climate-crisis-doom

It’s mentioned in the article some of the documents and manifestos of Extinction Rebellion, here is an excerpt from one of them. The definition of yikes.

E946FC03-FAEB-468D-805D-487D39D14510.png

I would simply tell the gang of boys that I did not enjoy watching them gang rape my mother, sister and girlfriend and I would win.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

That’s the Aussies away home now via Dubai because they couldn’t wait for the scheduled Emirates 1pm flight out of Glasgow tomorrow… 

0035695E-FBD7-460D-9900-AD2CB9A49DF2.png

Does that mean the Aussies, one of the world's biggest pollutees, but also one of the Westernized countries suffering most from climate change, has fucked off?

2 hours ago, Shipa said:

Does that mean the Aussies, one of the world's biggest pollutees, but also one of the Westernized countries suffering most from climate change, has fucked off?

Scotty had his photo-opportunity. No need to hang around for any of the boring stuff.

Love that after shutting the Expressway for 3 weeks they have also decided to shut Dumbarton road at the Art Gallery aswell. Imagine living in Finnieston and having to walk via Great Western Road to get to your work in Partick. The bus I get to work is being diverted through the Clyde Tunnel and then back over the Kingston Bridge.