Normal Island

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

When you have zero chance of being elected your policies can be as bat shit mental as you want.

’Free unicorns for everyone!’

That was supposed to be one of the benefits of brexit

Admittedly a few people received Donkeys with traffic cones superglued to their heads

On 05/07/2023 at 10:24, Steve_Wilkos said:

She even called it the "Captain Tom Building".

You have to respect the grift.

If you're going to do it, be 100% shameless.

Cpt Tom's daughter is now blaming HIM for keeping £800,000 separate from the foundation. 

Captain Tom’s daughter says family kept £800,000 from his books

The daughter of Capt Sir Tom Moore has admitted to keeping £800,000 from books that the late army veteran had written.

Hannah Ingram-Moore said the family kept the sum from three books because Captain Tom had wanted them to retain the profits.

In an interview with Piers Morgan on TalkTV, which is scheduled to be broadcast on Friday, she said her father wanted his family to keep the profits in Club Nook Ltd, a firm separate from the Captain Tom Foundation charity. Full story (Guardian)

Denzel washington GIF sur GIFER - par Momuro

8 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Cpt Tom's daughter is now blaming HIM for keeping £800,000 separate from the foundation. 

Captain Tom’s daughter says family kept £800,000 from his books

The daughter of Capt Sir Tom Moore has admitted to keeping £800,000 from books that the late army veteran had written.

Hannah Ingram-Moore said the family kept the sum from three books because Captain Tom had wanted them to retain the profits.

In an interview with Piers Morgan on TalkTV, which is scheduled to be broadcast on Friday, she said her father wanted his family to keep the profits in Club Nook Ltd, a firm separate from the Captain Tom Foundation charity. Full story (Guardian)

Denzel washington GIF sur GIFER - par Momuro

It's all good though because when folk bought the book they had no expectation that the proceeds would go to the charity.  Despite the intro written by the man himself stating they would. 

Chancers of the highest order! 

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It's all good though because when folk bought the book they had no expectation that the proceeds would go to the charity.  Despite the intro written by the man himself stating they would. 

I look forward to the coverage of the raid on her home, the tents in the garden and possibly best to check the parents drive while they are at it !

16 minutes ago, hk blues said:

This Colonel Tom character softened people up to believe that the NHS is a charity to be funded by pensioners doing sponsored walks up and down their garden - little wonder the Tory press loved him and little wonder his family are selfish grasping chancers !

Edited by kennie makevin

Colonel Tom (Parker) was a chancer

Captain Tom's family are chancers

Ashes to ashes, funky to funky, Major Tom is now a junkie

Stay away from any army officers called Tom is my advice. 

You can, however, trust Major Denis Bloodnok... 

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Greenied for the excellent Goon Show reference.

I genuinely don't care what other people do (by and large) but, erm:

Bride Sarah Wilkinson saves for 20 years to wed herself - BBC News

A woman who spent 20 years saving for her dream wedding has thrown herself her own big day after not meeting the right partner.

Sarah Wilkinson, 42, decided to hold a wedding ceremony conducted by her celebrant friend at Harvest House in Felixstowe, Suffolk.

The credit controller said the occasion was a natural progression after she treated herself to an engagement ring.

"It was a lovely day for me to be centre of attention," she said.

"The ceremony wasn't an official wedding, but I had my wedding day.

"I think you get to the point where you think 'I might not have this with a partner by my side, but why should I miss out?'

"That money was reserved for my wedding - it was a case of it's there and why not use it for something I want to do."

Ms Wilkinson, who lives in the town, said she splashed out £10,000 on the celebration after saving each month and adding any extra windfalls she had, such as bingo wins.

The bride was surrounded by 40 of her closest family and friends for the ceremony on 30 September and another 40 people in the evening at the tennis club opposite.

She told BBC Radio Suffolk her friends were not surprised to hear of her outlandish plan to stage her own wedding.

"No-one stopped smiling all day and everyone said what an amazing time they had," said Ms Wilkinson.

"Nearly every single one said 'that's such a Sarah thing to do'."

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

What was Colonel Mustard's first name ?

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

That makes as much sense as most of Bowies lyrics.