Normal Island

2 years of a pandemic, war in Europe, extortionate energy bills, cost of living crisis, tanking economy but haud the fucking bus some old dearie has died so lets stop everything for 2 weeks while we attempt some dystopian society of enforced mourning that would make North Korea proud.
f**k this servile, forelock tugging pish. If people want to fawn over nonce harbouring, entitled weirdos that's up to you. Away and greet in your own time and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

c983635eb77e451222281520a667465d.gif

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Just had an email at work asking if anyone wants to volunteer to "line the Kingsway in Dundee" on Sunday as Boxed Liz is passing through on route to Edinburgh.  It says we need to, and I quote "represent Dundee in its best light to the world's media". 

Might go along and redirect her down the Hilltown. 

I couldn't trust myself not to push the button for a green man at one of the pedestrian crossings.

image.png.c0544927ceb1b212d6ba307268b9508a.png

35 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Just had an email at work asking if anyone wants to volunteer to "line the Kingsway in Dundee" on Sunday as Boxed Liz is passing through on route to Edinburgh.  It says we need to, and I quote "represent Dundee in its best light to the world's media". 

Might go along and redirect her down the Hilltown. 

WelldocumentedMixedEmperorshrimp-max-1mb

There will surely be one

At this moment in time, the BBC homepage has "sense of duty", "life in service", "symbol of continuity", and "a constant presence".

That's a pretty full bingo bard right there.

And also, rather bizarrely, a link which I will not dignify by opening, entitled "this is the moment history stops".

Nope.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

At this moment in time, the BBC homepage has "sense of duty", "life in service", "symbol of continuity", and "a constant presence".

Nothing that involves actually doing anything, then.

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That's a pretty full bingo bard right there.

And also, rather bizarrely, a link which I will not dignify by opening, entitled "this is the moment history stops".

Nope.

Actually it did stop.  Bit of a glitch somewhere.  But not to worry.  We got it going again.  Problem sorted.