Normal Island

Not sure what’s higher on the “fucking mental” scale here:

1. Someone leaving a mouldering sandwich in a baggie for a corpse to eat “later”.

2. A Uni professor lauding this act of lunacy as far beyond the powers of herself and her fellow academics.

22ACEFD2-6266-4663-81EC-AEEFFED82EE8.jpeg

40 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I heard that proclimation nonsense earlier.

Wow. Utter lunacy, with phrases like 'liege lord' and 'defender of the faith' and talk of pleasing 'almighty god' and 'his mercy', as well as talk of realms and 'faith and obedience with humble affection'.

Was a massive minter to hear. That sort of garbage belongs in medieval times, not 2022. It was all rather pathetic and quite childish really. 

The whole affair is characterised by childishness.

It's a fancy dress occasion.  It relies on a lie as great as the one about Santa, but lacking any of that one's charm.  

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The whole affair is characterised by childishness.

It's a fancy dress occasion.  It relies on a lie as great as the one about Santa, but lacking any of that one's charm.  

Aye, it's just a daft wee game with stupid costumes. Load of pish.

1. Someone leaving a mouldering sandwich in a baggie for a corpse to eat “later”.
2. A Uni professor lauding this act of lunacy as far beyond the powers of herself and her fellow academics.
22ACEFD2-6266-4663-81EC-AEEFFED82EE8.jpeg.9f49fdf0b5711f592f2f98e253655914.jpeg
If a homeless person was to come along and pick that up they'd receive abuse for doing so.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Wow. Utter lunacy, with phrases like 'liege lord' and 'defender of the faith' and talk of pleasing 'almighty god' and 'his mercy', as well as talk of realms and 'faith and obedience with humble affection'.

Was a massive minter to hear. That sort of garbage belongs in medieval times, not 2022. It was all rather pathetic and quite childish really. 

Tbf they have that show everytime the parliament dissolves, it is all very odd.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Sovereign of happy memeroy was my favourite. I'm stealing that.

29 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Antlion said:
22ACEFD2-6266-4663-81EC-AEEFFED82EE8.jpeg.9f49fdf0b5711f592f2f98e253655914.jpeg

If a homeless person was to come along and pick that up they'd receive abuse for doing so.

Yep - weaponised mass hysteria. My issue here is that surely a professor should be interested in this kind of thing as a sociological phenomenon worth studying, or even as an example of the media and institutions directly working on people - not joining in the wankfest and celebrating the hysteria.

Putting aside the carry on and adherence to a plan “London Bridge is Down” that was probably formulated and semi relevant in 1975, what on earth has caused the coppers or authorities to move the Rangers Napoli game forward by 24hrs? They have a static coffin and site to protect until approx early afternoon on Tuesday yet the whole of Police Scotland can’t mange a game of football 40 miles away? 

Don’t get me started too on the Rangers board placing a wreath at the statue of a (living) former player at their stadium to respect the Queen! I’d 100% agree it would be more respectful  if it was at the  City Chambers formal memorial to HM Queen but not at the doorsteps of their ground. 

Edited by deegee

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

As is the constant..."Three cheers for the King!"...pish, like it's a fuckin' weans birthday party.