Normal Island

50 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

As a self employed gardener I have contacted customers that I'm due to visit on Monday asking if they are ok with me doing their gardens on that day.

Every single one of them have replied, no problem.

At which point you revealed your unwavering devotion to the Crown and told them that their attitude was truly scandalous and you had no intention of tending to their gardens when your loyalty and allegiance to the new king was required.

Well played. 😀

58 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

As a self employed gardener I have contacted customers that I'm due to visit on Monday asking if they are ok with me doing their gardens on that day.

Every single one of them have replied, no problem.

Why contact them in advance?  Just turn up and if you have any hassle bludgeon them to death with a spade (or a fork).

If you’d posted something like that I would have green dotted you.

6 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

At which point you revealed your unwavering devotion to the Crown and told them that their attitude was truly scandalous and you had no intention of tending to their gardens when your loyalty and allegiance to the new king was required.

Well played. 😀

I suppose that's one way of looking at it 

5 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I wouldn't say my mental health is suffering as I see that as distinctly separate, but my mood is definitely fairly dismal right now because I'm fucking sick of living in a country that is increasingly becoming the sort of place I despise, politicians who are openly running a criminal cartel being feted like national heroes, and this latest royal insanity at a time where people are genuinely facing a struggle to feed themselves and heat their homes, and the atmosphere of compelled participation and mass virtue-signalling. 

I'm still extremely bitter about my EU citizenship being removed against my will, so to see the UK so quickly become the sort of insular, ignorant, race-to-the-bottom shithole that was predicted by most around 2014-2016 is extremely frustrating.

I share the exact same opinion as you, the UK is on a race to the fucking bottom. 

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Continuity, tradition etc etc. 

7 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

eeeek

Nothing says REPSECT ARE QUEEN more than shutting the doors on people desperate for food. Fucking hell. 

However, having had regular contact with foodbanks, this does NOT surprise me at all. 

7 hours ago, Gaz said:

The local Facebook groups were an absolute goldmine of neighbour-shaming.

"WE WUR DEFINITELY MAKIN MORE NOISE THAN THE NEXT STREET UP"