Normal Island

You often read, and it unfortunately seems to often be buried in amongst HB style conspiracy ramblings, about how society is going to break down. The conspiracies are often centred around what will replace it, but I think there's certainly some truth in society breaking down. 

Normal Island seems very much like something that looks like it still functions on the thinnest veneer of the surface, but seems to rotting from the inside. 

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You often read, and it unfortunately seems to often be buried in amongst HB style conspiracy ramblings, about how society is going to break down. The conspiracies are often centred around what will replace it, but I think there's certainly some truth in society breaking down. 

Normal Island seems very much like something that looks like it still functions on the thinnest veneer of the surface, but seems to rotting from the inside. 

I think you're largely right.

Talk of complete societal breakdown probably is overblown and straying into conspiracy territory.

However, I don't think that means we can't see some of the behaviours and standards that enable it to more or less hang together, coming under increasing strain.  That's alarming enough.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think you're largely right.

Talk of complete societal breakdown probably is overblown and straying into conspiracy territory.

However, I don't think that means we can't see some of the behaviours and standards that enable it to more or less hang together, coming under increasing strain.  That's alarming enough.

For me it's about how far you zoom out....

If you read these mad theories they seem outlandish, but I think if you consider the direction of travel over a 20 or 30 year period its undeniable that society is getting worse, and doesn't appear fixable. 

Of course, you also have to consider that it has improved on many ways also

Edited by Bairnardo

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

What a strange bunch, battering the polis and burning out their vans. The right wing nutters of this normal island are going well.

75% of scousers are from Irish decent yet all of a sudden, immigrants bad.

Don't think there is a thicker part of the UK tbh.