Queens v Raith

Both teams have scored in our last eight games, so there's plenty of evidence to say that we can be got at. 

If Queens want to give us the "respect" they showed Killie yesterday, it'd be very much appreciated, but I suspect we won't get quite the same amount of standoffishness. 

Ross Matthews will come right back into the midfield for us, but unfortunately it looks like he'll have to replace Brad Spencer rather than going back in alongside him. I do think Matthews/Tait is a better balance than Spencer/Tait, but losing Spencer's metronimic influence in the midfield is a big factor. 

Tait has been blowing very hot (multiple assists, great running) and very cold (wayward passing, odd positioning) recently. Maybe having Matthews back will mean he can get more of the former and less of the latter. 

And I know he got his goal from a central position yesterday, but I'd be inclined to swap Ethan Ross and Aidan Connolly, if not permanently then at least on a more fluid basis during the game. Ross' impact is blunted when he can't isolate his man, and I think Connolly is well suited to playing those short, intricate linking passes that we need from that number 10 role. 

>>>It is fine margins in the Championship according to Alan Johnston.

To be fair John McGlynn said the same in the Ayr post-match.  They're both right in a sense, although we've been in a few very good positions in games that turned into hanging on.  You can consistently be on one side of a fine margin, which both these teams probably have done.  5-2 Rovers

Edited by L. Brilliant
add quote to make any sense

45 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

We ain’t scoring twice!

We have scored a total of 2 goals at Palmerston this season. Which is the same as Arbroath and Hamilton. We’ve not scored 2 goals in a league game at Palmerston since losing 3-2 to Alloa on 13 March.
We’ve gone three games without scoring. I think the club record is 6 in a row. 

Heading down to this and really looking forward to it. 

Looking for some advice please folks for pubs and off licenses if anyone would be so kind.

Everytime I have been down before we have headed to a few pubs, but usually stay longest in the Salutation (proximity to the ground and popular with Rovers fans). Does the Salutation show the football? I am heading down myself because everyone I usually go with can't make it, so keen to go somewhere showing the Manchester Derby. If it doesn't, anywhere else that folks would recommend?

For the off license for the return train, are there any shops close to the station or in town any where? The train isn't until 6:30, so plenty of time. I had a google and it is telling me Odessa Off Sales on Shakespeare street is the main option. Can any locals confirm, or recommend any where else?

Thanks in advance folks!

Heading down to this and really looking forward to it. 
Looking for some advice please folks for pubs and off licenses if anyone would be so kind.
Everytime I have been down before we have headed to a few pubs, but usually stay longest in the Salutation (proximity to the ground and popular with Rovers fans). Does the Salutation show the football? I am heading down myself because everyone I usually go with can't make it, so keen to go somewhere showing the Manchester Derby. If it doesn't, anywhere else that folks would recommend?
For the off license for the return train, are there any shops close to the station or in town any where? The train isn't until 6:30, so plenty of time. I had a google and it is telling me Odessa Off Sales on Shakespeare street is the main option. Can any locals confirm, or recommend any where else?
Thanks in advance folks!

Not sure if the Sally shows the football but I'd imagine the Devorgilla will across the road (and up a bit).

If you're heading to the station after the football you'd probably be better just going to Morrisons. There's a pub right across from the station as well (Waverley).

A word of advice. Scotrail have an alcohol ban just now. If you do take a carry on my advice would be to make sure it's in a bag. It's rare but there was police presence after one of the games a few weeks back with drink being confiscated.

17 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not sure if the Sally shows the football but I'd imagine the Devorgilla will across the road (and up a bit).

If you're heading to the station after the football you'd probably be better just going to Morrisons. There's a pub right across from the station as well (Waverley).

A word of advice. Scotrail have an alcohol ban just now. If you do take a carry on my advice would be to make sure it's in a bag. It's rare but there was police presence after one of the games a few weeks back with drink being confiscated.

Cheers mate, much appreciated! If anyone is able to confirm re: the Devorgilla, that would be great cheers (or recommend an alternative if needed!).

Good to know about the Morrisons, cheers (although does that have a cold fridge?). Thanks for the nod about Scotrail, too!

Cheers mate, much appreciated! If anyone is able to confirm re: the Devorgilla, that would be great cheers (or recommend an alternative if needed!).
Good to know about the Morrisons, cheers (although does that have a cold fridge?). Thanks for the nod about Scotrail, too!

Ah right. No, no cold fridge at Morrisons. The one at Shakespeare street should be ok. There is a newsagents at the top of the Vennel (used to be called Mr News, no idea if it still is) that has a fridge. It's probably 6 and two 3's in regards to distance to the station but you can pass a couple of pubs en route if you via the Vennel.

22 hours ago, Flash said:

We have scored a total of 2 goals at Palmerston this season. Which is the same as Arbroath and Hamilton. We’ve not scored 2 goals in a league game at Palmerston since losing 3-2 to Alloa on 13 March.
We’ve gone three games without scoring. I think the club record is 6 in a row. 

Something to aim for.

50 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Both pubs mentioned will have the football on but if your planning on sitting at the bar and watching it then The Salutation haven’t allowed people to sit at the bar for a while. They weren’t a week ago anyway. Not sure if The Devorgilla has the same ban in place but my guess is they don’t. 

If Spencer is fit then that would be a bonus especially with Matthews returning. Thought Queens looked not too shabby in the 1-0 win at Starks and I belive are the only team to score against us in the first half of any game this season in the league. I also don't think we've won a game having went a goal behind so first goal could be pivitol. 

Matthews returning, Varian clearly not injured for 3 to 4 weeks as first indicated considering he came on against Ayr, Lang looking like an absolute unit alongside Berra and Zanatta back to scoring ways makes me quite confident we can come away with the 3 points. 

I guess most QOS fans just can't wait for this to unfold ......

Optimism = zip

Confidence in the team = zip

Confidence in the manager = zip

Confidence in the BOD = zip

Recent performances = zip

Pars recovery = inbound

Saturday = J McGlynn masterclass

..... trying to clutch at some straws here but few if any to be seen ....

More chance of COP 26 turning out to be useful!

46 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Is it just a case of buying tickets at the ground as usual, or are they on sale online ?

Think we're one of the few clubs not doing on_line ticket sales, unless it's changed from last home game. Tickets can be bought on the day either from the booth inside the QoS Arena (cash or card) or from the Ticket Booth behind the East Stand (cash only), which is the Stand  you will be located in. It's a queue to buy ticket then queue to go through turnstile system that we operate. We apparently don't have the technology to put card readers in the East Stand Ticket Booths. The Club also ask that you bring the correct money if paying by cash (Seriously).