Arbroath vs Raith Rovers

Not the greatest performance today from Rovers, but came away with the undefeated run still going. Reminded me of Queens or the Pars away. Played poorly but didn’t lose. 

Arbroath totally dominated the midfield and won most of the 50/50 balls. We struggled badly in the first half to create anything going forward. We played better in the second half, but don’t recall the Arbroath keeper having a save to make. Nouble was a class above, but thought Berra and Lang were superb in keeping him in check.

Referee was truly atrocious for both sides. Never gave the game a chance to get flowing. Loads of yellow cards for nothing challenges. Surprised no one was sent off. 

Strange incident with the head knock. Little was clearly visibly dazed but insisted he was ok. No surprise that it caught up with him and he had to go off. Hope he’s alright. 

One of those frustrating games, but it’s absolutely a game we would have lost 1-0 in the past. Two more huge games before Christmas. If we could take 4 points from then or even just get out undefeated, I’d be happy 

39 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Again. Really?

Also there’s a difference between being physical and blatantly fouling

Yeah, really.

Not like there is anything wrong with it. Mcglynn mk1 was all about the percentage based, into the channel, 2nd ball type of game... and you guys are the past masters at it.

Still, in terms of actual fouling we gave nothing out that we didn't receive back. It was stick on for 0-0... Two teams entirely cancelling each other out.

18 minutes ago, true_rover said:

Plenty things that could be complained about the referee, but not sure the bookings are any of them (apart from potentially the off the ball one for McKenna - the stream obviously didn't catch that). Stewart, Hamilton and Lang were clear fouls that will always be yellows and Little was for continued dissent after a foul given.

If you think they were clear yellow cards then football is well and truly fecked. A foul, even a mistimed or slightly dirty one is not automatically a booking, if it is then we need to prepare for games with 3 or 4 red cards per side. Barely anything more than a strong challenge all game.

9 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Was that the game that Benedictus nearly chopped McKenna in half, injured himself and never got sent off for an utterly horrendous foul?

That’s the game. Deliberately set out to finish McKennas season and ending up crippling himself. 

As far as today's ref goes, IMHO he was rank rotten, let too many things go , but once he sets a pattern he has to keep it going, yes we frustrated you guys but that always has and always will be gamesmanship it's part of the game so just deal with it, another ref could have had both teams down to 9 men which woud have been just horrible

I'm no Doctor but I'm sure the whole point of the concussion protocol is because if you get another knock to the head shortly after, it can be lethal, even fatal.

Ricky Little looked totally out of it after that initial impact and I'm amazed we let him go back on at all.

Also, the amount of times we've bullied teams physically this season, we can't complain when an opponent gives it back. The advantage we had late in the game was scuppered because McKenna lost the rag and forced the ref to stop play. 

1 minute ago, Lichtielegend said:

I'm no Doctor but I'm sure the whole point of the concussion protocol is because if you get another knock to the head shortly after, it can be lethal, even fatal.

Ricky Little looked totally out of it after that initial impact and I'm amazed we let him go back on at all.

Also, the amount of times we've bullied teams physically this season, we can't complain when an opponent gives it back. The advantage we had late in the game was scuppered because McKenna lost the rag and forced the ref to stop play. 

Little was not interested in treatment and basically tried to run away from the medical staff. At first they looked like they were just going to let him get on with it until they finally managed to check him over. Bizarre stuff. 

Speaking of injuries, fingers crossed Spencer is not too badly hurt, but the way his knee seemed to twist didn't look good. Not good at all. 

8 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

As far as today's ref goes, IMHO he was rank rotten, let too many things go , but once he sets a pattern he has to keep it going, yes we frustrated you guys but that always has and always will be gamesmanship it's part of the game so just deal with it, another ref could have had both teams down to 9 men which woud have been just horrible

Is this a wind up?

Edited by Tattie36

1 minute ago, Lichtielegend said:

Was actually pretty shocked that he wasn’t automatically replaced or at least taken to the sidelines to be checked. Was right in front of me and he was stumbling and dazed when he got up. Appreciate that it’s hard for the medical team to argue with a player who just wants to continue, but surely that’s what the protocol is there for. 

Lichtielegend said:

I just knew that there was a person who could speak sense in the Lichties faithful. Rational and sensible. Fair comment.

Well done sir. Chapeau to you.👍

Edited by embow

7 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

Ricky Little looked totally out of it after that initial impact and I'm amazed we let him go back on at all

I think it was poorly handled by the ref initially, he should have insisted he go off for a proper evaluation.

Your medics on the pitch couldn't get him to go off, their obvious concern should have been handled better as he refused to go, Campbell must have realised this and insisted he come off.

Something I noticed is when Ricky was subbed nobody knew where they were meant to be playing. Chris Hamilton was screaming at the dugout trying to figure out if they wanted him at RB or stay in CM. It looked like Goldy wasn’t informed either. Was all very poorly handled 

Henderson should have come on instead of Gold too surely 

JT was having a great time down the right. And then when Gold went left back the second half it was a bit of a mess. Took till the 2 subs to tidy us up again. 

JT

ToB

Henderson

Hammy 

Way to go surely 

Not the greatest performance today from Rovers, but came away with the undefeated run still going. Reminded me of Queens or the Pars away. Played poorly but didn’t lose. 
Arbroath totally dominated the midfield and won most of the 50/50 balls. We struggled badly in the first half to create anything going forward. We played better in the second half, but don’t recall the Arbroath keeper having a save to make. Nouble was a class above, but thought Berra and Lang were superb in keeping him in check.
Referee was truly atrocious for both sides. Never gave the game a chance to get flowing. Loads of yellow cards for nothing challenges. Surprised no one was sent off. 
Strange incident with the head knock. Little was clearly visibly dazed but insisted he was ok. No surprise that it caught up with him and he had to go off. Hope he’s alright. 
One of those frustrating games, but it’s absolutely a game we would have lost 1-0 in the past. Two more huge games before Christmas. If we could take 4 points from then or even just get out undefeated, I’d be happy 

That’s Ricky Little. A bash on the head? You have to drag him off. What a legend.

Henderson should have come on instead of Gold too surely 

JT was having a great time down the right. And then when Gold went left back the second half it was a bit of a mess. Took till the 2 subs to tidy us up again. 

JT
ToB
Henderson
Hammy 

Way to go surely 

Agree. Henderson was great at centre back earlier in the season.