Rangers v St Mirren - Boxing Day

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

HT 2-0
Yeah going as expected really. Rangers look fresh and up for it and we look leggy after Wednesday.
First goal was a corner where we’ve not won the flick on at the front post or the header at the back post, disappointing.
We then got back into it a bit and Power slid through Main who was through on goal and Goldson hacked him down 20 yards out. I thought it could have been a red, yellow given. Then McGrath hits the free kick. He must be the worst free kick taker at the club, yet he keeps taking them. In his last game against Hibs he skied a 20 yard free kick over the bar, this time he stuck it in the middle of the wall. Hopeless.
Second goal is a good save from Alnwick but rebound smashed in, and he’s had a few more saves since.
Flynn doesn’t offer as much as Reid in the middle of the park, hope to see Dylan on shortly. Our chance of getting anything from this game is close to zero, so might aswell get the young lads on again.

Flynn is at wingback, I would agree with your point generally, but that may limit his ability to make an impact in the middle of the park. I was wondering if Goldson was red worthy the only thing that may have saved him could be that the ball was getting away from Main as well but I’d like to see it again, no danger the ref was giving a red regardless. 

Lex singling out our best player for some stick about two free kicks. While not seeing one of the most glaring problem we’ve had all season. Curtis Main actually thinks that he’s a footballer. Come the window opening surely we need to get shot of him and Erwin. 

Lex singling out our best player for some stick about two free kicks. While not seeing one of the most glaring problem we’ve had all season. Curtis Main actually thinks that he’s a footballer. Come the window opening surely we need to get shot of him and Erwin. 

McGrath’s numbers are awful for us this season, two goals and one assist. His drop in form is one of the big reasons we are struggling.
For comparison Tanser has two goals and four assists. Ronan has three goals and two assists and has played less games.
Main isn’t good enough and I expect he will move on in January. He’s not first choice right enough and has only been starting since Brophy got injured.

Just checked the scores - tbh if they stay as they are and we come out of the OF games still in ninth I'll be pretty happy.....:whistle

Over the last few games I've been starting to see a bit of a split with Dundee Utd. having a bit of an advantage over a bottom5 who are all too close for comfort - mon the Dons!

Edited by btb

5 minutes ago, Lex said:

McGrath’s numbers are awful for us this season, two goals and one assist. His drop in form is one of the big reasons we are struggling.
For comparison Tanser has two goals and four assists. Ronan has three goals and two assists and has played less games.
Main isn’t good enough and I expect he will move on in January. He’s not first choice right enough and has only been starting since Brophy got injured.

Is Main not on a 2 year deal? Someone would have to offer him a decent deal to move. I'd be surprised if he goes. 

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

One of the main reasons as to why we struggle is due to the outrageously poor strikers we have. Curtis Main for such a big lad has little or no physical presence, and nor does he possess any ability to do the very basics, like holding the fucking ball up. I’d rather see a young kid in there in his place, even if it’s just to gain more first team experience. Couldn’t possibly be any poorer than Main.

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Turned the game on, saw Power give the ball away on the edge of our box twice in quick succession, turned it off. 

It was 33 minutes into the game before I realised he was playing at all. 
The game has been played 30 yards from the St Mirren goal. It’s as one sided a 2-0 as I’ve seen in a long time. 

15 minutes ago, btb said:

Just checked the scores - tbh if they stay as they are and we come out of the OF games still in ninth I'll be pretty happy.....:whistle

Over the last few games I've been starting to see a bit of a split with Dundee Utd. having a bit of an advantage over a bottom5 who are all too close for comfort - mon the Dons!

Mon the Dons! :angel

Meanwhile I'm gonna forget about today and focus on the Krissmass Eve game in 2011 when we beat a 9 man Gers (a little bit of revenge) and sent them on the road to Sevcoisation!

FT 2-0
Bit of a non event second half. We battled away fine. Alnwick a couple of routine stops, Henderson has a couple of decent runs and was probably our best player. We had a penalty appeal on 75 minutes for hand ball, don’t get soft ones like that at Ibrox.
Rangers are the best team in the country and will win the league again. No disgrace in the scoreline or performance, especially given the circumstances.
Looks like other results have went our way too. Would have taken not losing any ground to the other teams in the bottom five before today, and that’s happening as it stands.

The game was dead after Alfie's goal though we were a bit profligate - with Morelos the biggest culprit - and 4-0 wouldn't have flattered us.

McCann went for Scott Wright as MotM but I think Tavernier could have staked a claim.  Excellent performance from him.