God Save The Queen

Lex

I think if the lizards heat lamp finally goes out this year, we will be ok for public holidays. The nation will go into a grief frenzy the likes of which has never been seen.

Youl probably be able to phone up the doctor and get a line for being gutted.

The Tories have the old c**t on ice, ready to wheel out for the next general election where they'll claim she's just died and will ride the snivelling, crawling jinogism to a large majority win.

A gloomy thought is that If Charles lives almost as long at Phil the Greek, and there's no reason to think he wouldn't given the rich live longer, then Wullie would be in his 60s when he became King. 

If Wullie reached his century and given medical advances etc there's no reason to think he wouldn't then Prince Geordie will be in his mid to late 60s when he became the monarch (if we haven't all seen sense by then)

What they need is a dose of the old Stewart luck where Scottish Kings got blown up by cannons or murdered or died of depression because they'd fathered a daughter and got a kicking off the English so they can have someone younger to appeal to the young folk 

13 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

A gloomy thought is that If Charles lives almost as long at Phil the Greek, and there's no reason to think he wouldn't given the rich live longer, then Wullie would be in his 60s when he became King. 

If Wullie reached his century and given medical advances etc there's no reason to think he wouldn't then Prince Geordie will be in his mid to late 60s when he became the monarch (if we haven't all seen sense by then)

What they need is a dose of the old Stewart luck where Scottish Kings got blown up by cannons or murdered or died of depression because they'd fathered a daughter and got a kicking off the English so they can have someone younger to appeal to the young folk 

What are you implying? I’m sure the young folk of Great Britain, Canada, Australia, Antigua, St Lucia, etc. readily identify with dishy young Wills. The royals’ future stream of elderly, rich white men will be the modern face of the Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea for centuries to come.

136DE807-0C7D-4DF4-9EB5-9B25FF63532D.jpeg

And just look how in-touch the supporting cast is. Here is another glorious royal couple gifting the PM of Saint Lucia a signed photo of themselves, to remind him which family was chosen to reign over him and his. Isn’t this the very image of modernity?

AF34071E-3FF5-40E1-B00E-FD7A7D4F82E7.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Antlion said:

And just look how in-touch the supporting cast is. Here is another glorious royal couple gifting the PM of Saint Lucia a signed photo of themselves, to remind him which family was chosen to reign over him and his. Isn’t this the very image of modernity?

AF34071E-3FF5-40E1-B00E-FD7A7D4F82E7.jpeg

Modernity ain’t all it’s cracked up to be min.

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Is that Eddie 'Shut That Door' Windsor ?

Wampum ain't wot it used to be..............................in the 1600's it was smallpox infested blankets, now it's signed photies of some inbred half-wit.

This is the same "junior" member of the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha clan that was sent to be the "presence" at the closing of the remaining british empire commonwealth games in Glasgow in 2014.  They're all being wheeled out to try and salvage some kind of world relevance these days.  Fortunately, the former slave countries are standing up to be counted as independent countries in their own right and blootering their former masters oot the water.

If there is a god, then Scotland will join them sooner than later.

9 hours ago, Lurkst said:

That guy's expression sets a new gold standard for accepting the gift of a photograph of the Earl and Countess of Wessex.

Very much a "what the f**k am I supposed to do with this pish".

• 2 weeks later...

I'm increasingly concerned about the health of Her Majesty The Queen.

For her to miss the state opening of parliament is surely an indicator of a grave situation.

I, along with all of her subjects, have been so looking forward to celebrating her jubilee in only twenty five day's time.

I do extend every best wish to her for good health.

For her to miss the state opening of parliament is surely an indicator of a grave situation.
I, along with all of her subjects, have been so looking forward to celebrating her jubilee in only twenty five day's time.

They’ll never fully acknowledge her health to the public, but I suspect there’s more going on.

Has anyone actually seen a recent photo of her?

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

I suspect she's only hanging on in the hope of outliving her son. Otherwise she could have retired Pope Benedict style, happily sniping from Balmoral without a care in the world.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I suspect she's only hanging on in the hope of outliving her son. Otherwise she could have retired Pope Benedict style, happily sniping from Balmoral without a care in the world.

She would never have abdicated.

11 minutes ago, sophia said:

Don't panic it's too late to cancel the bank holiday 

37 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Don't panic it's too late to cancel the bank holiday 

Aye but they will just have her funeral that weekend and do us out of extra days that way. 

2 minutes ago, Jute said:

Aye but they will just have her funeral that weekend and do us out of extra days that way. 

That will be pure North Korea with live tv of bootlickers crying in the street 

I've got tickets for Royal Ascot and, whilst I couldn't give a f**k whether she or any of the rest are there or not, I don't want the racing cancelled. Also, best that the inevitable flood of tears doesn't impact the football season of that helps with the timing of any announcements.