Rovers v Pars ..2nd Jan if COVID allows

I was looking forward to attending this and going for a few jars. Then the powers that be decided I couldn’t attend.

Now I’ll be sitting in the house with a cup of tea watching it on my laptop. Unless we find a midfield combo that works, then there’s a good chance I won’t be enjoying it very much. I’m assuming Berra is still suspended as well.

The young teams will be devastated and bedsheet/paint sales will be down.

Raith couldn’t even manage to beat us during the Peter Grant disasterclass. We’ll have Lawless available for this and hopefully Yogi has another player or two signed up and available for us by the 2nd. Still probably a draw at best for us even with new faces, which normally would be good but we need to start winning games.

Don’t understand why Rovers want to play this in front of almost nobody instead of doing what Ayr and Killie have done and move it to a midweek later in the season.

As for the game, my only interest was based on attending and having several beers so couldn’t care less now tbh. We will probably lose but a third 1-1 of the season wouldn’t shock me either.

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Dunfermline want too, its on Raith at the moment. 

Seriously why would we want to? This must cost Rovers a fortune not having a fairly big crowd in with a home crowd backing them I would imagine it's them that want it played later not us.

Unless I've missed something I'm John's interviews about it.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Seriously why would we want to? This must cost Rovers a fortune not having a fairly big crowd in with a home crowd backing them I would imagine it's them that want it played later not us.

Unless I've missed something I'm John's interviews about it.

Later on in the season we might have a better squad? Also good for the players and fans? 

I'm not sure playing in front of fans is a huge factor for the Pars board at the moment... 

There haven't really been any noises from Stark's either way on this, they've really kept their counsel. It would seem to be a no-brainer from a financial point of view. The difference between fans and no fans would easily cover the cost of a January signing. 

But I can only assume McGlynn wanted it played for footballing reasons, on the assumptions that the Pars will improve after the window, and that they were supposed to be playing tonight. Either that or the Rovers have already approached the Pars informally and been given the KB, so they've not bothered pressing the issue. 

I'm not sure playing in front of fans is a huge factor for the Pars board at the moment... 

It’s more likely that our board would want this game to go ahead, whilst our fans can’t go. They jumped at the chance to lock us out of East End. Only club in the SPFL that can’t be bothered finding a way to let as many fans as possible attend the games. As far as they’re concerned, the less Pars fans that can attend games, the better.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Later on in the season we might have a better squad? Also good for the players and fans? 

If we strengthen you would think Raith might also bring in fresh faces also, and Ross is up to speed as far as I'm aware which he wasn't for the last game at Starks.

Players are clearly happy to hand out pumpings even without crowds both teams were pumped by their rivals at home last season without a crowd.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
4 hours ago, Raithie said:
Swings and roundabouts - Dunfermline lost to our Gary Locke team.

Yous actually had a decent start to that season though and the win kept you top of the table so it's not an apt comparison whatsoever.

They’re too busy doing moral gymnastics to try and justify why Goodwillie would be a good addition to pay attention to simple logic.

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Don’t understand why Rovers want to play this in front of almost nobody instead of doing what Ayr and Killie have done and move it to a midweek later in the season.

As for the game, my only interest was based on attending and having several beers so couldn’t care less now tbh. We will probably lose but a third 1-1 of the season wouldn’t shock me either.

This. I am completely baffled by the club's stance on this.