Where are you on the political spectrum?

Scott Steiner

Due to Brexit, the ongoing threat of Scottish Separation, Boris' Christmas Party and the increasing number of phobias and isms people apparently have, the bread and butter issues rarely get talked about.

I'd love to see politicians debate their fundamental ideological differences and air opposing views regarding a whole host of topics.

Nationalisation/privatisation, wage equality and whether we should strive for it, order and structure in a general sense as well as the pros and cons of marriage redefinition, freedom of speech, big tech, animal cruelty, trade with other countries, law and order, abortion, environmentalism, security etc.  There's so much that gets ignored now.

It's all about labelling, doing each other down etc.

Where do you sit on the political spectrum?

I'd say I'm right wing on most issues and probably stray into what is now laughably called far-right by many.  I do have some left wing opinions though, particularly regarding environmentalism and the nationalising of some services.  The banks should absolutely be nationalised IMO.

What about ye' all?

5 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

Where do you sit on the political spectrum?

What about ye' all?

A centre-right 'one nation' Tory.  Happy for light government and for a decent basket of benefits to support those in difficult circumstances.

Mostly?  The less government we have the better.

15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

A centre-right 'one nation' Tory.  Happy for light government and for a decent basket of benefits to support those in difficult circumstances.

Aye! Pull the other one!

Apart from organizing some of the chaps down the Rotary to take Barbados back for her Maj, (weather, golf calendar and that beastly Covid permitting), I'd say I was a reasonable and fair minded sort of cove so long as I see you eating a bacon sandwich with more conviction than that Miliband fellow.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I agree about small government in general and also consider myself a one-nation Tory.  I used to vote Labour when I lived in Ayrshire but that was only because they had the best chance against the SNP.  I'm now in a constituency where the Tories have a chance.  You can notice the difference in the quality of people here.

Todays left are incredibly authoritarian and seem to want to have the government involved in every aspect of our lives.

Edited by Scott Steiner

1 minute ago, Scott Steiner said:

I agree about small government in general and also consider myself a one-nation Tory.  I used to vote Labour when I lived in Ayrshire but that was only because they had the beat chance against the SNP.

Todays left are incredibly authoritarian and seem to want to have the government involved in every aspect of our lives.

You realise we're both swimming against the Nanny State ScotchNat tide wherein the head of the regional administration declaims herself as "Chief Mammy" and the daft wee tartan gonks go along with it?

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I haven't referenced you for quite some time 

34 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Looks like a fun night in store with The_Jake 

What a fucking trumpet.  You really redefine 'stupid'.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Hey DOTL, why do you hate the Kincmeister so much?

I've noticed a tendency of the P&B hardcore Nats to despise those who dare to disagree with them.  Not all are like this, but it's a significant amount.

How come I never come across these people in real life?  Any Nats I know personally are just normal folk who'll debate reasonably.

Edited by Scott Steiner