Missing people.

Is anyone else fascinated by missing people? Or unidentified bodies being found?

Ive been following a few stories of missing people in the news recently as there seemed to be a lot over the new year. In Ireland there is a website with records going back years.

https://www.missing.ie/missing_persons/mark-dowling-dublin/

This young lad drove off from his friends years ago and neither he nor the car were ever seen again.

I always remember the Vicky Hamilton story as she was around the same age as me. I never thought she would be found. 

I always laugh at the social media 'appeals' that you usually see on a Sunday afternoon for a lassie who went out the night before and hasn't come home. 

Calm down, she's getting pumped, she'll be home in time for Match of the Day 2 but her fanny will be absolutely howling.

Unless the missing have all been dumped in some shallow grave somewhere the OP makes a good point. Given the fears of a "surveillance society" it seems easy enough to just disappear and not be found. 

Anyway, does anyone know a good photographer? My passport photo is a bit out of date now...

1938930230_lordlucan.jpg.ea8b09b8010f63c0ddaf2abdd932666f.jpg

Considering just how many people disappear without trace every year, you have to wonder if we'll eventually work out that, say, 1% of the population are practiced thrill killers. Maybe we're all in denial about living in an actual horror film.

I suppose there could be another explanation...

Spoiler

1DRjyrd.jpg

3 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

I always laugh at the social media 'appeals' that you usually see on a Sunday afternoon for a lassie who went out the night before and hasn't come home. 

Calm down, she's getting pumped, she'll be home in time for Match of the Day 2 but her fanny will be absolutely howling.

Generally speaking if its an appeal from the polis then there will be a level of risk, ie vulnerable person, suicidal ideation or open to exploitation/run away from care etc. The reasons will never be on the appeal but essentially they only go out when they are particularly worried. 

When these appeals come out theres always someone who posts such helpful things like ‘have yous checked cctv cos they might be on dat? Xx’. Or a missing person in Ayr and ‘shared Toronto xxx’. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

Similarly laugh when they turn up dead? It unfortunately happens often enough to make that a fairly poor post.

4 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

The Suzi lamplugh case one has always interested me

There was a documentary on Channel 4 recently. Quite compelling evidence about what happened.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/in-the-footsteps-of-killers/on-demand/71234-002

One of the presenters is the sister of that Laurence Fox and she’s spectacularly wooden.

8 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Did a P&B poster not post similar on one such appeal?