The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

2 hours ago, f_c_dundee said:

Yes, that was the case. 

Although it's rare overall, the drift to self ID has enabled chancers, I don't believe you can deny that.

I can deny that.- show me the evidence.

We’ve had self-ID in Ireland for a number of years..  What has happened there?

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

I can deny that.- show me the evidence.

We’ve had self-ID in Ireland for a number of years..  What has happened there?

Several prisoners having to have close supervision in women's prisons for one. Barbie Kardashian anyone? 

Leo Varadkar's face was a picture when he was finally challenged by a journalist on the issue. 

https://twitter.com/WomensSocIre/status/1638262631927631889?t=YHYYbBxdeOiAs8DfYSm2BA&s=19

Edited by f_c_dundee

21 minutes ago, f_c_dundee said:

Several prisoners having to have close supervision in women's prisons for one. Barbie Kardashian anyone? 

Leo Varadkar's face was a picture when he was finally challenged by a journalist on the issue. 

https://twitter.com/WomensSocIre/status/1638262631927631889?t=YHYYbBxdeOiAs8DfYSm2BA&s=19

From the looks of it they’d need close supervision whichever prison they were in. 

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/barbie-kardashian-under-garda-investigation-29820564.amp

9 hours ago, f_c_dundee said:

It’s really not. Prisoners should be under close supervision, and the fact you’ve gone to a prison example shows that you have no evidence that self- ID has “enabled chancers” in the real world. 

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

It’s really not. Prisoners should be under close supervision, and the fact you’ve gone to a prison example shows that you have no evidence that self- ID has “enabled chancers” in the real world. 

Wait, prison isn't the real world?

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

10 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

From the looks of it they’d need close supervision whichever prison they were in. 

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/barbie-kardashian-under-garda-investigation-29820564.amp

It's his mother he's threatened and other women he's attacked viciously though. Sounds like he's had a really horrendous life, but he still has to be detained safely, as a very dangerous person. Women's prisons generally have limited facility for highly dangerous prisoners as well.

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Self ID as law isn't the issue though. It's the fact that it's already been presented as the right thing to do and been accepted in so many places.

My workplace is one of the ones with a policy that says if I'm unhappy that a man identifying as a woman wants to use the toilets or changing rooms, I should go elsewhere. 😏

18 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Is there an official P+B bylaw which states that this thread can't go more than a page without the term "sock puppet" being wheeled out? 

Yes, it's in the section that demands every page must be commented upon by at least one new account that signed up and headed straight for the Politics board on a football forum.

This is all getting dangerously close to the Inbetweeners scene where Jay is telling his mates about the guy who got stuck in the recycling bin

By the time someone found him in the morning, he had been arse-raped 18 times." 

Edited by Billy Jean King

8 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

This is all getting dangerously close to the Inbetweeners scene where Jay is telling his mates about the guy who got stuck in the recycling bin

By the time someone found him in the morning, he had been arse-raped 18 times." 

In what way?

19 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Is there an official P+B bylaw which states that this thread can't go more than a page without the term "sock puppet" being wheeled out? 

Impressed that your only upvotes for this were quite literally from three of them. 

Perhaps if these tragic losers didn't feel the need to keep creating new accounts to be edgelords on the Politics sub of a fitba forum, everyone wouldn't feel the need to ridicule them. 

10 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Impressed that your only upvotes for this were quite literally from three of them. 

Perhaps if these tragic losers didn't feel the need to keep creating new accounts to be edgelords on the Politics sub of a fitba forum, everyone wouldn't feel the need to ridicule them. 

Everyone?

22 hours ago, f_c_dundee said:

Self ID as law isn't the issue though. It's the fact that it's already been presented as the right thing to do and been accepted in so many places.

My workplace is one of the ones with a policy that says if I'm unhappy that a man identifying as a woman wants to use the toilets or changing rooms, I should go elsewhere. 😏

Your workplace cant order trans people which toilets to use, but it can suggest (to all employees) that if any employee is uncomfortable, they are free to use other ones. This only seems sensible.

In the real world, I would suggest that if a trans woman in a workplace was going to use toilets, they would be far more likely to use a different space themselves (like a single cubicle disabled toilet) for reasons of embarrassment etc.

Anybody using the "Aye, but rapists" response to that hasnt really thought it through - because if you are an opportunist rapist of whatever gender, the suggestion that they wont do their dirty deeds unless they have self i.d. as a woman is - frankly - laughable.

I dont know how large your workplace is, but I would also - respectfully - suggest that the numbers identifying as a trans woman will be tiny - in fact in most workplaces will be zero.

Its not exactly rocket science, or that difficult to navigate to be honest.